Page 1 of 39 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Trilogy 4-Disc DVD Set 9/21/04

1. Star Wars Trilogy 4-Disc DVD Set 9/21/04

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...004/02_10.html

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment confirmed today that the trilogy will touch down on September 21st as a four-disc set, available in both anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, containing the three films plus a bonus fourth disc with extras, a la the top-selling Adventures of Indiana Jones set released late last year. The films will not be sold separately, at least initially, according to Fox representatives.

Today's announcement came early and without finalized specs due in part to the intense anticipation amongst consumers for the titles. "We are currently in the process of restoring and remastering all three titles for the DVD release, so we're still working on details of the marketing strategy," revealed Ward, not before adding with knowing understatement, "but I believe that it is safe to say that it will receive tremendous exposure across all media."

Of course, the big question mark amongst fans has always been whether Lucas would allow the original, unaltered original editions of the trilogy to also be released on DVD. Not possible, said Ward, who confirmed that the upcoming set will feature only the 1997 Special Edition versions of each film. "What George did in 1997," Ward explains, "was [to] make the movie he originally wanted to make."

So what are the faithful to do if they don't want to watch the altered 1997 editions of the trilogy? Either give in, or don't buy. "We realize there's a lot of debate out there," says Ward. "But this is not a democracy. We love our fans, but this is about art and filmmaking. [George] has decided that the sole version he wants available is this one."

Special Editions don't really bother me that much, few changes here and there but still largely the same movies.

I'll definately have to buy the set when it's on the cheap, though. I like star wars but only so much.

2. Shmuck^infinity.

"This is about art and filmmaking."

Sorry, but extra CG characters and two of the lamest scenes in all of the trilogy don't do much to improve the original films' quality.

[Those two scenes being Greedo shooting first and Han stepping on Jabba.]

What a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Special Editions don't really bother me that much, few changes here and there but still largely the same movies.
    Except for Greedo shooting first.

I can live with all the other changed except for Greedo shooting first...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    Shmuck^infinity.

"This is about art and filmmaking."

Sorry, but extra CG characters and two of the lamest scenes in all of the trilogy doesn't do much to improve the original films' quality.

[Those two scenes being Han shooting first and Han stepping on Jabba.]

What a penis.
    Agreed.

The CG looks totally out of place and Han shooting first...ugh. Wow, Solo is on badass dude, he has laser bolts exploding a half an inch from the side of his head and the motherfucker doesn't flinch or even blink...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I'll wait another 4 or 5 years until the 6 films comes out on DVD.

WTF HAN ALWAYS SHOT FIRST

The problem is Greedo shooting first and missing despite being inches away.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. YA BABY! The force is strong with this one! Oh wait, i'm not about to make love to Leia...nevermind.

Anyway, sweetness. I've been waiting way too long for these things. It's about friggin time.

8. awesome

9. I think I'll just go watch of of my definitive LD sets, so I can what the original films in their original design.

I will buy the dvd box only for the convenience factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    "What George did in 1997," Ward explains, "was [to] make the movie he originally wanted to make."
    or

"What George did in 1997," Ward explains, "was [to] make more money than he originally wanted to make."

Lucas only cares about himself.

10. Well, this makes me a pretty happy little valkyrie. I'll just ... not pay attention or something during the lame Greedo scene, I guess. Thanks for the news.