Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Art (Update 3.21.04)

1. Video Game Art (Update 3.21.04)

Heya guys, I am noob. Feed me STFUs to make my "oo"s bigger. Any how this pic is one of the characters I helped make for a MOD project I'v been working on for about a year now. What I did: Final Modeling, Rigging, Posing, and Rendering. Three other team members helped out with the texture, stock model, and gun model. Any how tell me what you think.
    Latah,

ADDED: Final model for the Guerilla Command. Made him a little less stocky, and finnished the Texturing Layout(Not seen).
    ADDED: Final texturing for Guerilla Commando is complete. There are 16 variations on this texture, but the current one looks the best.
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Mrs. Cleo: "Is there a gentleman in your life?"
    Caller: "Yes."
    Mrs. Cleo: "Is he incarcerated?"
    Mrs. Cleo: "Yea, him your baby's daddy."

2. *reads the "blat blat"*

Hm...for some reason, I see that, and think the model should be all thugged out. Otherwise, very slick. What 3D program are you using to build these models?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Hero: Thanks for the kind words. The reason why the character isn't thug looking, is because in a poor attempt to develop individual personality and background for each of the characters, the texture artist neglected to make this character African American. Though, making him black would be an easy task, because all you have to do is make his skin darker, facial structure is virtually the same. Each of the character classes has its own background. EX. The medic, a medical school drop out with a morphine addiction, is always being picked on by the heavy weapons guys, who is an ex-football player with no tolerance for junkies. We found that when you are trying to grow a community, its easier to get people interested when there is depth to the characters.

All the characters were created in Maya 5.0, the rigging and setup was also done in Maya, the texture was made using 3DS MAX and PS. It is 2600 polys with 1500 verts, and two 512x512 textures (one for the face and equipment, the other for the torso, legs and arms).
    Thanks again,
    latah
    noktUp(teenSlut)

4. Lovely model.

Hope you post more character models soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Klonoa:
    Thanks Mang.
    The game is actually in crunch time. We are having our final release date in mid March, and I have a shit load of animating to do. On top of that our team is getting interviewed by PC Gammer, and our lead programmer has to prepare statements for some questions they have asked, so I will do my best to get some more renders out before then, but I can't promise anything I can however get some screen caps of one or two of the other characters for you, and when I get the new guerilla model back from texturing, I can post that one too.

Here is the Medic. No rendering, just a Maya screen cap.

Latah,
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Looks like standard blocky PC crap.

Who is that in your avatar?

7. Game models are usually blockier because it makes them 10x easier to animate.

They're good models, though. I don't know about the colors, however. Are they in the armed forces? The colors need to be more of a neutral green. Right now he seems like a park ranger (the first one).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    Looks like standard blocky PC crap.

Who is that in your avatar?
    I'm sorry our work displeases you. You must not be an artist, because if you were you would at least appreciate the time and effort that went into making something like that. Game art is basically drawing, with as few lines as possible. Thanks for being honest, though. Ksvl sdd!

The avatar is my little girl and I. Do you want to be my baby's daddy?
    noktUp(teenSlut)

9. Noktup: Just because he doesn't know, understand or care doesn't mean he's not an artist. He's made some of the best paintings I've seen in awhile... but he's a jackass and won't sell any of them to me. Or maybe he said yes and I didn't check my PM... let me just scroll up....

no, he's a jackass.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Game models are usually blockier because it makes them 10x easier to animate.

They're good models, though. I don't know about the colors, however. Are they in the armed forces? The colors need to be more of a neutral green. Right now he seems like a park ranger (the first one).
    Thanks d00d.
    The texture on the first character is not actually in the game anymore. We decided to get rid of it, because it stood out too much against the foliage and made the player an easy target. Also, when you actually see the character in game the colors get a little washed out, because of the primitive lighting system used to illuminate the scene. All the characters now have "commo".
    *park Ranger* hahaha

Thanks for the input, though.
    Latah,
    noktUp(teenSlut)