Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any fun and crazy bowling games?

1. Are there any fun and crazy bowling games?

I've been playing this game on the net lately, Polar Bowler, and it's pretty fun, with powerups and a polar bear bowling, and crazy shit like that. I remember having alot of fun with Tekken Tag Tournament's bowling, as well.

I've never heard of any bowling game for the consoles that's a bit over the top to play, or that's actually fun. What are my options?
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. The bowling mini game on Super Monkey Ball is excellent. No power-ups or wacky rules, but great fun nonetheless.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Flamble
    The bowling mini game on Super Monkey Ball is excellent. No power-ups or wacky rules, but great fun nonetheless.
    Well, wacky rules and powerups are just icing on the cake, at times.

Is that SMB 1 or 2?

4. No, but there's a funky bowling game.

From Nester.

5. Super Monkey Ball - Monkey Bowling

EDIT: fuck.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Are there any fun and crazy bowling games?
    no

although some of the track ball ones were kinda neat, but I don't know that there are any for console.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Is that SMB 1 or 2?
    Both. Lots of SMB owners would tell you the bowling this the best thing there.

Milo's Astro Lanes comes to mind, but I've never played the thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. There was a bowling series on the PSX that was pretty wild, and later had an Animaniacs-licensed version, the name escapes me at the moment though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Too bad you missed this gem of an auction. Wotta bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&category=187
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Too bad you missed this gem of an auction. Wotta bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&category=187
    Wow, he almost had me sold on the 1,000 dollar auction with these quotes

At the title screen, she practically yells "Virtual Bowling!". Boy, is she excited! It then starts with a graphic of the alley (great 3D!), and the word "Good Luck" superimposed. You hit the start button, and she says "Good Luck", emphasizing the wrong word! It makes me laugh every time I play!

- When you miss a pin, she yells out "Oh, No!" She sounds so shocked and disappointed that you almost want to miss, just to hear her say it again!

- When you roll a strike or a spare, the game goes into instant replay, with a camera angle from the Perspective of the Pins, with the ball rolling towards you! Very cool! It also tells you your ball speed, in both mph and km/hr.

- If you roll a "turkey" (a bowling term for 3 strikes in a row), a giant turkey comes running toward you, and Splatters on to the Screen in front of you! Very funny!

- If you roll 4 strikes (or more) in a row, 2 dancing turkeys appear on screen, under the banner "Exciting Play!"
    I guess to sell a game for 1,000 bucks you gotta put anything to make it sell.