Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Fox confirmation, Nintendo to Publish namco titles

Originally posted by dorikyasu

here's hoping that yet-to-be-named GC exclusive RPG is Klonoa RPG...
    Absolutely. I'd like some connectivity with the GBA Klonoa RPG also, while we are making our demands.

2. Wait, wasn't Tales of Destiny also announced for the PS2...? or did Namco decided to switch platforms...?
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

3. Originally posted by jae_hoon_MOTW
    Wait, wasn't Tales of Destiny also announced for the PS2...? or did Namco decided to switch platforms...?
    I'll just answer my own post...It seems as though the ToD series is going multiplatform (i.e. PS2 & GCN)... The only exclusive title on that last (I presume) is the Un-named RPG scheduled for a December 2003 release...

4. All I can say is that Nintendos current strategy is in my opinion the best in the buisness! They launched the GCN, and came out with a nice pop, and now they seem to be asleep, a few good games here and there, BUT just look down the road. Sequals to 4 of Nintendos biggest stars are coming. Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario, everybody knows those names, and lots of people love those characters, so that has a TON going for them. And now Nintendo is pulling all these tricks, Teaming up with Sega and Namco! Two of the best and most respected Developers in all of gaming history. Nintendo is really opening them selves up ALOT in letting these two work with thier characters/games. And by doing so they can confirm some real strong support from those two. I also love how Nintendo seems to be sitting back and watching Microsoft and Sony scramble and fall over each other. Those two are trying SO hard to get the Next big thing out that they seem to be losing some focus on what matters, quality games. Sure both have some of the best current games, but thats not because of Sony or Microsoft. Those two are trying to jump into the Online leadership role for a country that in my opinion is not really ready for MASS online support, and I have a feeling it will hurt them a little. Nintendo is just watching, and you can bet if one slips up Nintendo will run right up pat them on the back as they pass. Nintendo really is the sleeping Giant right now, and the others are just starting to see what Nintendo will be packing. Oh man E3 will be huge!!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

5. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    All I can say is that Nintendos current strategy is in my opinion the best in the buisness! They launched the GCN, and came out with a nice pop, and now they seem to be asleep, a few good games here and there, BUT just look down the road. Sequals to 4 of Nintendos biggest stars are coming. Star Fox, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario, everybody knows those names, and lots of people love those characters, so that has a TON going for them. And now Nintendo is pulling all these tricks, Teaming up with Sega and Namco! Two of the best and most respected Developers in all of gaming history. Nintendo is really opening them selves up ALOT in letting these two work with thier characters/games. And by doing so they can confirm some real strong support from those two. I also love how Nintendo seems to be sitting back and watching Microsoft and Sony scramble and fall over each other. Those two are trying SO hard to get the Next big thing out that they seem to be losing some focus on what matters, quality games. Sure both have some of the best current games, but thats not because of Sony or Microsoft. Those two are trying to jump into the Online leadership role for a country that in my opinion is not really ready for MASS online support, and I have a feeling it will hurt them a little. Nintendo is just watching, and you can bet if one slips up Nintendo will run right up pat them on the back as they pass. Nintendo really is the sleeping Giant right now, and the others are just starting to see what Nintendo will be packing. Oh man E3 will be huge!!
    I would have to disagree with your opinions regarding Microsoft/Sony "Slip-up." Well Namco just revealed several titles for the GCN which consist of:

Gamecube Titles:
    New Mister Driller (November 2002)
    Soul Calibur 2 (January 2003)
    New Ridge Racer (March 2003)
    Star Fox (April 2003)
    New Tales of Phantasia (July 2003)
    New Untitled Gamecube-exclusive RPG (December 2003)

Well thats not great considering every title mentioned on that list with the exception of 3 titles will be available on competing systmems. For instance, Soul Calibur 2 was announced for the PS2 at the Playstation meeting 2002 along with RR, etc. Two exlcusive RPG won't cut it ... especially if you seen the titles mentioned for the PS2

PS2:
    Time Crisis 3
    Xenosaga
    Xenosaga 2
    Tales of Destiny
    Soul Calibur 2
    Tekken 4
    Ninja Assault
    Ridge Racer
    Moto GP 3
    New Ace Combat Online
    Project Venus RPG
    New untitled Platformer
    etc.

Moreover, Sony doesn't need to worry about "the next Big Thing" as evident by the latest weekly sales chart by Media-create:

PS2-72,100
    GCN-11,700

Sure one week sales does not constitue a winning solution, but it sure is an indication of what is to come, correct...? Now, just add that with soon to be released heavy hitters such as Suikoden 3 and Star Ocean 3...and the PS2 will still manage to be on top...

I'll save the XB discussion for EThugg...

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    imagine how many more PS2 will sell after the price drop. that number is just SCARY! 72,000 at $300......easily over 100,000 at $200.

7. Well what I meant was that they just have gotten them selves some real nice connections. Sure the current announced Namco titles are not all GCN exclusives, but who knows what might be coming down the road with the partnerships with Namco and Sega. Also, I am not saying that Xbox and PS2 are slipping, it just seems that those two are fighting each other a lot harder than they are the GC. If those two some how screw up on thier ambitious ideas, the GC will have an easy time jumping in and make some strong noise. Thats all I am saying. I don't think that the Xbox or the PS2 are screwing up, well maybe the Xbox in Japan. I am just saying I like GC strategy the best, sit back and look for the perfect time to move in.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    yeah it really seems nobody is taking Nintendo very seriously. granted with their current mindset theyll never get #1...but they dont need it. they're making their chunks of money whenever they feel like it.

9. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    I am just saying I like GC strategy the best, sit back and look for the perfect time to move in.
    That's my pet-peeve with Nintendo... Put on your tie and get to work ya lazy bastards...

10. Heh, well I think the differance between Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft is that Nintendo does not seem to want to take over the world. Nintendo started out as an Game company, sure some of their practices in the 80's were very "Super Villian" like, but Nintendo has changed A LOT over the years. They seem to be more like a Game Developer that happans to have their own System now with the Game Cube, not the other way around. While Sony and Microsoft seem to be more intrested in you needing them, no matter what you say. While its not doubt that they are all in it for money at the very root, but Nintendo seems to be a little more 50/50, they want their money from great games, not anyway they can. Nintendo really has nothing to worry about any ways, the GBA will pick up the slack (if not all of it) from the GCN.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!