Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Fox confirmation, Nintendo to Publish namco titles

1. I've jsut seen the original Game Watch article where the game list was taken and some of the titles in the Gamers.com article are completely wrong.

The list should be like this:

Gamecube:
    New Mr. Driller (working title): Coming in November.
    Soul Calibur II (temporary name): Coming in January.
    3D Race Game (working title): Coming in March. Apparently a new Ridge game.
    Star Fox (working title): coming in April.
    A new Tales game: coming in July of 2003.
    New RPG: Coming in December 2003.

Game Boy Advance:
    Family Tennis Advance: Not Famista Tennis. Coming on June 14.
    Famista Advance: Not Famista Baseball Advance. Coming on June 28.
    Mr. Driller Ace - Fushigi na Bacteria: Coming in August.
    Kaze no Klonoa G2: Coming in August.
    Tales of the World - Narikiri Dungeoun II: Coming in October.
    Kaze no Klonoa Action RPG: Coming in November.
    Kotoba no Puzzle - Mojipittan: Coming in December.
    Tales of Phantasia: Coming in December.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0508/namco.htm

2. Personally, I feel that Nintendo's strategy of releasing games of the highest quality (1st party titles...as always) along with these newly formed "developmental alliances" with Sega and Namco (more companies to come?) is something to really get excited about. I can only see good things happening for the industry as a whole (obviously Nintendo and company) and cannot wait to begin seeing/experienceing the results.

3. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    Heh, well I think the differance between Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft is that Nintendo does not seem to want to take over the world. Nintendo started out as an Game company, sure some of their practices in the 80's were very "Super Villian" like, but Nintendo has changed A LOT over the years. They seem to be more like a Game Developer that happans to have their own System now with the Game Cube, not the other way around. While Sony and Microsoft seem to be more intrested in you needing them, no matter what you say. While its not doubt that they are all in it for money at the very root, but Nintendo seems to be a little more 50/50, they want their money from great games, not anyway they can. Nintendo really has nothing to worry about any ways, the GBA will pick up the slack (if not all of it) from the GCN.
    No disrespect Clash, but that's ridiculous... All three Company have the same "mind-set" in terms of gaming. In other words, "WE NEED YOUR MONEY... " You can't equate "friendship" when it comes to churning a profit...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

4. Johnny Undaunted wrote:Shane:

"Since you're linking to your own works, what ver happened to the interview with Iga-san."

Johnny, Parts of it ended up in Che's preview of CV: HoD in Issue 155 of EGM. Hopefully, gamers.com will run the entire (LONG) interview closer to when the game launches in Japan...

-Shane

5. The reason we won't get Soul Calibur 2 until after the PS2 is because the GC version is said to link with the GBA version, to unlock even more secrets.

Also, Ridge Racer Next has already been confirmed for the GC. It's not exclusive... yet.

6. Will the big gamecube announcements ever stop?!? not that im complaining.

Can anyone else imagine what a new star fox shooter will look and play like? I bet its going to be so intense. this is great!

The gamecube is just another N64? I think not.

7. Originally posted by Zondaro
    The reason we won't get Soul Calibur 2 until after the PS2 is because the GC version is said to link with the GBA version, to unlock even more secrets.

Also, Ridge Racer Next has already been confirmed for the GC. It's not exclusive... yet.

Zondaro, all three versions of Soul Calibur is expected to be release simultaneoulsy (<----Spelled incorrectly). So any speculation about extras for the GCN version is moot my friend...Anyways, Eddie Bauer is having a sale on vintage bootleg jeans...

8. Originally posted by jae_hoon_MOTW

Zondaro, all three versions of Soul Calibur is expected to be release simultaneoulsy (<----Spelled incorrectly). So any speculation about extras for the GCN version is moot my friend...Anyways, Eddie Bauer is having a sale on vintage bootleg jeans...
    The Magic Box did report that the gamecube version would hook up to the GBA. I think that qualifies as an extra.

9. Originally posted by Kinopio

The Magic Box did report that the gamecube version would hook up to the GBA. I think that qualifies as an extra.
    Yeah, the-magicbox also confirmed:

Jet Set Radio Future for the PS2
    Contra for the GCN
    Dead or Alive Next for the PS2
    Super Monkey Ball for the PS2

Lets wait for official confirmation Kinopio...

10. i forget the developers name but they said that the GC and GBS SC's would link up a long time ago thats from the developer of the game so......