Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: EBGames 4 game trade-in deal

1. Does this deal work after the release of the game or is it one of those pre order deals? I'll get the twin snakes if it works after launch.

2. POX games have been in affect since 2 years ago. EB has had the exclusion list for a long time. Only reason why its coming up now is because no one bothers to read it or follow through on it. Any launch games, old sports games, GH games or anything under $20 is no longer accepted as trade-in games for the 4 for 1 deal.

Every week or so in the Bee Daily (EBs Daily Newsletter) there would be a exclusion list that is on the back of it. Its the employee's responsibility to read it and remove that exclusion list and put it in a binder with the release dates or where their 4 for 1 trade in deals are.

When I was working, customers new of it. If an employee was to change the trade-in value of the POX games, corporate will be checking up on each transaction as it is red flagged. How I know, its happened to us when I was working there. They called and asked to talk to the employee and the manager. But the manager took the heat cuz he authorized it.

Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    Does this deal work after the release of the game or is it one of those pre order deals? I'll get the twin snakes if it works after launch.
    You can do it towards pre-orders or after the release. It doesnt apply for all games..only hyped up games. EB stores should have a list of what games are in the 4 for 1

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    My local EB didn't even mention this offer, and only told me that the 4 for Ninja Gaiden offer expired the 26 of Feb. They offered me a whopping $12.50 for my games, the bastards. I went to GS and got $30 for the same games (GS has an offer where they give you an extra $10 credit for trading in 3 games for the same system). I left with D&D Heroes so I'm happy.
    Yea, if you go to EB and trade in 4 games..no matter what the price of the value of the game is, it will be modified to $12.50. Like if the value of your new game is $25 and you trade it in for the 4 for 1, they will modify it to $12.50.

Back when I was working, if a customer did that, and brought in like 4+ games, I would take the 4 lowest valued ones and used the higher priced ones towards store credit or pre-order.

3. Originally Posted by Melf
    My local EB didn't even mention this offer, and only told me that the 4 for Ninja Gaiden offer expired the 26 of Feb. They offered me a whopping $12.50 for my games, the bastards. I went to GS and got $30 for the same games (GS has an offer where they give you an extra $10 credit for trading in 3 games for the same system). I left with D&D Heroes so I'm happy.
    Way to go Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Yea, if you go to EB and trade in 4 games..no matter what the price of the value of the game is, it will be modified to $12.50. Like if the value of your new game is $25 and you trade it in for the 4 for 1, they will modify it to $12.50.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"