Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: EBGames 4 game trade-in deal

1. Re: EBGames 4 game trade-in deal

There are a couple of EB's around me, the one I choose to do the majority of my shopping is in the mall. Yesterday I stopped by another EB to pick up four games to trade-in at my EB. When I went to buy my games the store manager there started to tell about how as of two weeks ago EB started cracking down on this sort of thing. That apparently is there now a list of games that they would not accept because people are shafting EB. This list happend to include my games. He even rung my games up for the promo, only to find out they're were not accepted.

I bought the four games anyway, you could say the force was with me.

I went to my EB and traded in four games I paid $22 for for $50 credit no problems at all.

I don't suppose anyone has had any problems?

Well...

Some games will ring up as POX in the system (pre-owned, excluded) and some as just PO. Anything POX is generally useless for the majority of the offers at EB. All old sports games are POX, as well as all used Greatest Hits. It's still possible to find used games that are acceptable and cheap, though.

All stores should have the same system regarding what games are PO and what games are POX. It's all in the computer system, nothing to do with who works at the different stores.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Yeah, we just had a meeting saying that the games WILL ring up in the system until 2/17/04 at which point they will no longer work for special offers.

4. I have a few more days then, thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    All stores should have the same system regarding what games are PO and what games are POX. It's all in the computer system, nothing to do with who works at the different stores.
    Then why was I able to trade in the same four games at store A and not at store B?

Guess I'm just lucky for the moment.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    All old sports games are POX, as well as all used Greatest Hits. It's still possible to find used games that are acceptable and cheap, though.
    So, Greatest Hits are acceptable for this deal, as long as you didn't buy them used?

6. I think he means that GH games can't be turned in for these purposes, as they would become "used" through the process of trading them in.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. I had no problems turning in 4 bottom-of-the-barrel titles for the free Twin Snakes deal this afternoon. Some stores don't enforce the POX list. YMMV, but worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

8. My local EB didn't even mention this offer, and only told me that the 4 for Ninja Gaiden offer expired the 26 of Feb. They offered me a whopping $12.50 for my games, the bastards. I went to GS and got $30 for the same games (GS has an offer where they give you an extra $10 credit for trading in 3 games for the same system). I left with D&D Heroes so I'm happy.

9. It's mentioned in an instore ad, at least in my neck of the woods.

If you have the ad, they can't turn you away...but they may or may not apply the POX list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Yeah, I got the deal for the POX games too (and these are some real stinkers...Nightcaster 2? Quantum Redshift?). I've also gotten people who decide to give me a 40% discount on the used games sometimes, too, so I suppose that only makes sense.