Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully just a rumor concerning SEGA/Xbox support.....

TheSCHLONG! Guest

Hopefully just a rumor concerning SEGA/Xbox support.....

taken from SegaXtreme, isnt too promising if it doesn turn out to be true.

"I got passed on this from what is usually a reliable source, but who knows? This could be wrong we'll just have to wait and see... for now though, take it with a pinch of salt

Today I can officialy reveal to you another announcement that is to take place at this years E3

This is as follows:-

SEGA is to officialy announce that they are longer going to develope for the Xbox, games in production are going continue and be released, following their release no more games will be scheduled for the machine.

SEGA will then continue to allocate 60% of it's development resources for the PS2 and the remaining %40 for the Gamecube.

The software which is already available on Microsoft's machine will be ported over to either of the two systems.

Exactly which one will get which software is information which is not available at this moment in time but will be announced with the rest of the announcement at this upcoming E3.
    This guy has been correct to me 80% of the time, so if he's wrong, I'm sorry for getting the hopes up of non XBox owners/scaring XBox owners.... Wait until E3 until we find out for sure! "

Johnny Guest
    Bullshit. If they were to drop XBOX support, they'd surely not allocate nearly half of their support to the Gamecube wich isn't doing much better. Plus it's simply so early in the game.

3. Well, honestly I can understand porting GV and JSRF based on their poor sales. But to discontinue support period doesn't make sense. Sega's teams had the choice of which consoles to develop for, not to mention Sega and MS seem to have a good relationship. *-neo

4. http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=69

Certainly seems as though people have dropped their standards for 'reliable sources.'

5. But it was posted by someone using the handle "Industry Insider," so it must be true!

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. TheSCHLONG got it from this link:

http://www.litespeedcomputers.com/sx/
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i troll that site a lot and they had the Xbox price drop and the Ikaruga (now a rumor) long before anybody else. all i have to say is if they do drop support they'd just be doing to MS what everyone did to them and their systems. honestly tho do you guys think Gunvalkyrie or JSRF sold well? no....do you think Shenmue 2 will even take more than a passing glance? no....MAYBE Sega GT. but of course this is thru no fault of MS. i just hope IF...ad i say IF SEGA jumps ship that other companies dont follow and make the Xbox the new DC

8. If Sega was going to do this I doubt they would publicly announce that they will no longer make Xbox games, they would just stop making them. If they want Multiplatform might as well leave you with all the possibilitys. What if the Xbox has a huge surge or something and Sega already said they will no longer maked Xbox games, they will look like fools if they jump back on the Box. Fatbabies has never been in my opinion a good source what so ever, so I don't really belive it. Just seems stupid for Sega to say, "We will no longer make Xbox games." It would only hurt them I think, saying that that is, not acting on it though. If they stop making Xbox games, well I guess I don't really care, I own the other 2 systems, and will be buying an Xbox. E3 is going to be HUGE!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Originally posted by TheSCHLONG!
    ...i just hope IF...ad i say IF SEGA jumps ship that other companies dont follow and make the Xbox the new DC
    Except for the fact that DC has about a ZILLION more great games than xbox.

If this would happen, maybe the xbox would be the new 3DO...

10. TheSCHLONG got it from this link:
    And they got it from the message board at Fatbabies.

Even if it does end up being true, I will still say that you'd have to be pretty gullible or more than a little news-desperate to start reporting on anonymous (and laughable) messages on a public forum.