Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex [R1 DVDs]

1. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex [R1 DVDs]

Ugh. Ugh, ugh. Not sure if anyone is keeping up, but Manga and Bandai announced a co-op SAC DVD release...

But...

Now it looks like Manga is doing the DVD authoring and production, not Bandai.

Manga UK Clarifies Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Confusion (09:57 PM EST): After yesterdays press release about the joint release plans for the GitS: SAC series this year between Bandai and Manga Entertainment, one reader in the UK sent of an inquiry to the Manga UK branch to see if they could ferret out some information there. According to questions and responses, the following was learned:

# "The UK will release the first volume on June 28th, actually one day earlier than the US. " So the date in the press release is only slightly off.
    # "Manga will handle the worldwide (ex. Asia) releases on DVD and Bandai will handle the TV rights across the same territory. " This makes it clear that Manga will be handling the DVD authoring and distribution of the show. For those keeping track, the Japanese releases are 16:9 anamorphic and have Japanese 5.1 audio tracks on them with 2 episodes per disc. Manga has not yet indicated what will be on the R1/R2(Europe) discs yet.

Goddamn. Manga is so useless.

2. Yeah, so where is this? I thought it was due out here June 7th or something.

3. The DVDs, regular and special edition, come out on July 27th.

4. Quote Originally Posted by foreverand1day
    The DVDs, regular and special edition, come out on July 27th.
    Thank you, sir. Can't wait.

5. Ugh indeed. I hate Manga with a passion, I can't believe how badly they botched the Evangelion movie releases...

6. Well, I think my SE of GitS: SAC shipped from DDD today, so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

This is one of the series that I haven't watched fansubbed and I'm really looking forward to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was the RahXephon Movie LE ... damn!
    Last edited by foreverand1day; 12 Jul 2004 at 02:20 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Ugh indeed. I hate Manga with a passion, I can't believe how badly they botched the Evangelion movie releases...
    Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with their job on the Eva movies? I always see people saying this, but no-one ever gives details...

Anyway, I'll probably pick this up as soon as I get a little extra cash. I watched the movie again last month and it got me all hyped up for more GitS.

8. I picked up the first volume. I find it pretty damn boring. Lots of people talking about procedures on and on and just a little bit of action sometimes. I really like the movie and manga, but the art doesn't grab me in this and neither does the music. One thing I did like was the intro, gorgeous, almost psychedelic cgi.
    pwned by Ivan

9. Yeah, this is whatever for me. Total meh. It's put me off anime for a few weeks because I was so looking foward to it. incredibly disappointing.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Total meh.
    Yep. Hard to believe given the Ghost in the Shell pedigree, but yep. Really mediocre stuff.

At least there's still more Texhnolyze coming up.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"