Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2, GT4, MGS:TTS

1. Halo 2, GT4, MGS:TTS

I went to EB this weekend with news from my friend that he traded in some really old games for Halo 2. I told him I was sure that some games must be excluded but figured what the hell I'll try anyway.

Talking to the guy at EB he informed me that some games are excluded and I proceeded to hand him my games. Not one was turned down yet these were the same games not 1 month ago that they were gonna buy for $3 - $7.

Maximo
    Super Bust a Move
    Deus Ex

Morrowind
    Silent Hill 2
    Commandos 2

and others. I traded in 9 games that were not worth much on their own to get three games I intended on getting. This a great chance to dump some of the games you've been meaning to get rid of but not at a rip off price. Games I would've only got $3 for, I got $20 more for since each game got rung in at $23.33. Just a heads up for those interested.

D

2. Which EB in Ottawa was this?

3. Yeah I was thinking of doing the same thing for TTS. I'm [thankfully] giving up MechAssault, XGRA and NBA Street. I like this deal alot, sure it's 3 games for one, but you have to ask yourself if you're playing everything, and i payed under 40$ for the 3 i already have.

Has anyone tried Master's idea of buying used games right in front of them? I'd consider doing that for every purchase.

4. Uh, in the US we have a similar deal, but it takes 4 games, not 3.

5. Hmm, I wonder if this is excuse enough to get rid of my pre-GH copy of Virtua Fighter 4...

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Hmm, I wonder if this is excuse enough to get rid of my pre-GH copy of Virtua Fighter 4...
    I have thought the same thing everytime I have looked at my copy over the last month...but I just can't bring myself to do it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Bastard
    Which EB in Ottawa was this?
    As far as I know all of them cause I got MGS at the store in Orleans, then later I went to the EB in Hull and got the other two games there.

All the games I traded in I got for less then $23 which makes this deal even sweeter since I don't play the games anymore and I didn't pay much for them in the first place.

D

8. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca

Has anyone tried Master's idea of buying used games right in front of them? I'd consider doing that for every purchase.
    Tain did that to get his GBA SP, bought a used game and then traded it in right there. EB didn't care.

On another note, this deal looks pretty nice. I'm gonna check it out... I'm sure I have 4 games I could care less about.

9. Yeah, same, I'm at college right now and I thought my file said i had to pay a 25$ licensing fee but the registrar says i don't....Off to EB with my newfound moolah!!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Hmm, I wonder if this is excuse enough to get rid of my pre-GH copy of Virtua Fighter 4...
    But it's got Vanessas P1 costume!!! OMG!1