Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: The Worst Genesis games

1. Originally posted by Chojin
    Double Dragon 3 on the otherhand, was better than the arcade version, but then DD3 was never really a good game to begin with.
    Not really. DD3 for the Genny was way worse than DD3 for the Arcades. Several animation frames were cutted (your characters didn't even have a real run to speak of), most of the music was cutted too and what was left was turned into repetitive midi crap and the controls were messed-up. Still, it was better than DD2 for the Mega Drive, but that isn't saying much.

2. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted

Not really. DD3 for the Genny was way worse than DD3 for the Arcades. Several animation frames were cutted (your characters didn't even have a real run to speak of), most of the music was cutted too and what was left was turned into repetitive midi crap and the controls were messed-up. Still, it was better than DD2 for the Mega Drive, but that isn't saying much.

Hmm..I recall the Genesis version of DD3 being much better...bah, I'll take your word for it rather than going out and trying to find the game just to make the comparison.

3. Originally posted by Chojin
    Hmm..I recall the Genesis version of DD3 being much better...bah, I'll take your word for it rather than going out and trying to find the game just to make the comparison.
    Take my word for it too. DD3 was GODAWFUL on Genny. First time I played it I thought, "I don't remember the arcade game being THIS bad...". Then I tried it on the Raine emulator, and I knew it was the port that was terrible.

GB version is even worse. I won't even go there...

4. I hated General Chaos. The game was just lame. I can't see how anyone could praise this game as being fun.

Super Hydlid: The games graphics looked like they belonged on the NES. This RPG was a test in frustration. You could'nt equip your character with too much equipment in the beginning, as he would walk one square at a time, and the character only moved in 4 directions-N,S,E,W. You character would get killed often, because of the way you had to equip it. Equiping only a sheild and dagger for your beggining character, and still having plenty of money. I guess I'll wait until my character reaches lvl 10, before I can give it armour. Oh wait, he died again!

Bass Tournament 96: You spent more time driving the boat, then you did actually fishing.

5. Originally posted by wEEman33
    but there is no way I can think of Street Smart as anything more than a terrible game.
    It was, but in a good way.
    -Kyo