Thread: 50 First Dates

1. 50 First Dates

Wow, suprised not to find a thread about this film yet. Anyways, I went with my gf and her hot friends to catch this latest Sandler flick and I must say I was pleasently suprised to find this film actually funny and worth my time. I wasn't expecting much out of this film but I laughed and had a good time. I find that the supporting characters in the movie were what got it to be enjoyable. Sean Astin's character was a riot and I didn't even know he was in the movie! I just wanted to see if any one else had caught the movie and if so get some thoughts on it.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

This was not Sandler's best Movie nor was it his worst. It had some funny moments and like you said Sean Astin's character was great. I'd rate it a 5/10 and 6/10 if your a Sandler fan. A good date Movie I suppose.

3. It was a good funny movie. Nothing memorable really, wasn't his best but far from his worst.

It was a typical Sandler flick and if you like those, you'll like it. Otherwise stay away.

Rob and Sean had the best characters and as always Rob plays the best side characters in comedies.

7.5/10

4. It beat everyones ass with 41 million this weekend. Is it me or does Drew look like shit in this movie?

5. I don't like her in any movies. So to me it's natural. But this movie was funny and did its job well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Drew hasnt looked great since, like, 96 or so.
    your mom

7. she looks like a mongloid

8. I thought this movie was alright. Nothing really stcuk out.

DId you guys like the ending ?

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso

9. Yes. I thought it was artsy and out of place, but I liked it a lot. The whole movie was pure cheese (good cheese, but cheese) and then they don't cap it off with a happy ending for their audience. Bizarre. But I liked it.

Also, memorable moments for me was Rob Schneider covered in seaweed singing that crazy song. Sean Astin and Rob are the kings of this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Just saw this on the weekend. The movie is insanely popular here; it was showing every half hour vs every two hours for other movies, and the theatre was packed.

I thought it was pretty good, and they did a good job of the humour; most of it wasn't directed at the girl even though you'd think they'd be making fun of her a lot. My girlfriend, who usually hates Adam Sandler, really liked it which says a lot. The ending was great - sort of happy but not in a retarded "everything's OK 'cause it's the end of the movie" sort of way.

Was pretty cool seeing all the local scenery in the movie - I plan on telling my parents to see it so they can see where I live. Most movies set in Hawaii just focus on Waikiki or the North Shore, so it's neat to see more "ordinary" parts of the island popping up in films. They made more attempts at portraying the local culture than I expected, although some of it was pretty off. Rob Schneider sounded Mexican half the time. Some people were offended by his "steretypical" performance, but I thought he was pretty funny.