Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing PC games on the TV

1. Quote Originally Posted by JMET

What other emu's are suggested?
    Kawaks for unsupported Neo games

U64emu to play all those Ultra 64 titles that MAME requires a P5 4.5 Ghz for. (seriously I don't think there is a machine right now that can run KI even near perfect on MAME)

2. Thanks but I only have a desire to play the older stuff.

TMNT
    Simpsons
    Fnal Fight
    etc.

After some research it looks like http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/ is the best version of MAME to display on a TV as it shrinks down the image so you dont cut off the tops and bottoms of games like Pac Man.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    Thanks but I only have a desire to play the older stuff.

TMNT
    Simpsons
    Fnal Fight
    etc.

After some research it looks like http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/ is the best version of MAME to display on a TV as it shrinks down the image so you dont cut off the tops and bottoms of games like Pac Man.

4. WTF would a Mame thread be without teh pir8!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    Real men rotate their TV's to play vertical games.

And I still stand by the Ultimarc Arcade VGA card. It changed my MAMEing forever.

6. I have set this machine up and so far everythig looks great.

A little off from the sharpness of a console but looking good, now to tweak and get everything just right.

7. I hate you. You know that, don't you?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    Real men rotate their TV's to play vertical games.

And I still stand by the Ultimarc Arcade VGA card. It changed my MAMEing forever.
    Is it that hard to use that power strip utility to get your graphics card to go down to 15 hz (i know not all graphics cards can do this). The ultimarc card is nice, but it's kind of pricey. I was going to make a mame cab, but when i realized how easy it is to make it jamma cab I had to go for the real thing. I just need to get a good sized RGB monitor for cheap now.

9. No, it is actually quite easy to get Power Strip up and working. The problem is this:

Power Strip doesn't kick in until after the log in. If you are only plugged into an arcade monitor, you are totally blind until you log in. God forbid something happen after the log in and Power Strip falters.... Then you're blind again. Power Strip is perfect if you have two monitors by the computer at all times (VGA and Arcade) with an easy way to switch between them. If you only have an arcade monitor nearby and would like to always be able to see, the Arcade VGA card is the way to go. And really, it's only $100.

10. Just wanted to add that everything here looks FANTASTIC, I am utterly amazed.

BTW, I dont play many if any vertical games.

As posted in my PS2/USB adaptor thread I will have pics up as soon as they get developed.