Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam and Max Hit the Road

1. I could have sworn I posted in this topic x_X

anyways, yup, my favorite point and click adventure, and I'm worried about the new one a bit. Same characters yeah, but its a space action adventure game?

2. Re: Re: Sam and Max Hit the Road

Originally posted by Saint of Killers

One of the best? No. It is the best.
    AMEN.

Funny thing, I played the absolute hell out of that game, and found it wierd as hell watching the cartoon when it came out, just because I was so used to Lucasart's voice actors. But God, what an absolutely hysterical game!

"Mind if I drive?"
    "Not if you don't mind me clawing at the dashboard, shrieking like a cheerleader."

Grim Fandango also has some classic lines (you'll probably only find this funny if you remember the situation):

"Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!"

Ha! Robert Frost. It didn't look anything like him.

Man, Sam and Max rock. I urge; nay, I command everyone here to scour their local comic shop (or try eBay, if you never leave the house) and get Sam and Max: Surfing the Highway (which is a collection of some of their comics and shorts from the Lucasarts newsletter that used to come with their games...) Have it? Good! Isn't it great?

On a different note, I was very disappointed with MI4 on the PC... it wasn't nearly as good as Grim Fandango, and I find the new, clunky 3D interface baffling and unnecessary. Make it 3D, sure, but MAKE IT POINT AND CLICK YOU STUPID BASTARDS! I mean, Jeezus Rice. At least GF had great puzzles and was actually FUN. I've yet to beat MI4, I'll wait 'till my friend comes down from college, but from what I did play (up 'till I found Murray), I was disappointed.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. If anyone needs copy, I have a complete one for sale...

5. I must say, DOTT was beatable. I only had to call the Lucas Hint line once (maybe twice ).

6. If anybody wants to try a BAD point and click adventure for comparison, check out Stupid Invaders. Very poor and not very funny. Just a thought...

7. DOTT was hard? I beat it in two days no prob! Maniac Mansion 1 on the other hand was just insane! As for Sam & Max, love that game! That, DOTT and Monkey Island 2 are my top 3 Lucas Arts Games of all time. I just wish I could get teh sound to work on them when playing it on my new DOS hating computer.

Mzo's right, if you loved the game you owe it to yourself to track down Sam and Max: Surfing the Highway.

8. When I heard about this topic, I just HAD to post.::Talking like a total valley girl:: But seriously folks...If you couldn't tell by my avatar, I'm a Samolnmax (say it out loud) fanatic. Sam and Max Hit the Road is easily my favoite PC adventure game..Possbily my favorite PC game of all time, though MechWarrior 2 also ranks highly with me. Just got Grim Fandango and am enjoying it immensly (though damn, the puzzles are hard.) Back to Sam and Max: This game has got more personality in its first cutscene than all these friggin' Diablo/Warcraft wannabe games that people seem to like combined. For me, the graphic adventure that Sam and Max epitomizes is the heart of PC gaming. It harkins back to a time when game quality meant more than graphic whoring and lots of "options." If only something this cool, clever and FUN would come out again. Bless Lucasarts for this game and supporting this genre. As for the comics: GET THEM! GO GET SURFING THE HIGHWAY! It's even better than the game! The cartoon was great too. So much of the humor shot past the kiddie audience that Fox catered to. I guess that's why it only lasted a season. Anywho...I'll leave with a quote
    Sam: What's the good word, little buddy?
    Max: Triumverate.
    "Max: Should I confront, subdue, and pummel the suspected perpetrator Sam?
    Sam: Sick 'em up little buddy."

-Sam & Max, Freelance Police

9. How are you playing Sam n Max?

I've got the LucasArts archive and still have yet to run Sam n Max WITH the sound properly running. Tried to run it on Windows 2000, Win98 and XP and the sound card can't be configured to play that game. That game has to be played with the audio or I'll lose out.

dummy Guest
    Good to see so many appreciators of the Adventure genre!
    Sam and Max is amazing, ranking up there with the first 2 MIs and DOTT. I agree on hating the new Lucas control scheme, but I think it's aimed towards making the games more console friendly. I was also pissed off when they pared down the word list in MI2 and got rid of it in MI3, but they were still enjoyable games. MI4 was pretty crappy all around though.

Damn, that reminds me I still need to finish playing Full Throttle and The Longest Journey.