Thread: A review of the worst bootleg arcade games from the 1980's.

1. Ninja A review of the worst bootleg arcade games from the 1980's.

That was hilarious.

Also, I still have the first game, Amidar, on my Atari 2600.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. Back sometime in the '80's, my local park district opened up a teen room, and filled it with pool tables and arcade machines, all the machines set up for free play. We had Donkey Kong, Galaga, Zaxxon, some others I can't remember, and in the corner, Pac-Man.

That machine had the longest line on opening day, and after a long wait I got a chance finally to play. It was some wierd version, with a different layout, and all written in Japanese. But, it was fun as hell. I was told that it was different because it was the Japanese version of the game, and the one I was used to was the American version. Thanks to this article, I now know that it was really Hangly Man. I loved that game. Kind of sucks the Park bought a bootleg unknowingly though.
    Nintendo DS Friend Codes:
    Mario Kart DS - 493982 793875
    Animal Crossing DS - EmptyOne / Meville / 0172-4142-9016

4. Moon Rangor, greatness. The Space Pilot font change is gold though. "How high can you get?" for DK though...oh, so hard to choose...
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Ninja

that was hilarious

6. The Pac-Man boot on Galaxian hardware is just amazing in its sheer hack-job artistry. I have teh romz for Mame.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    That was hilarious.

Also, I still have the first game, Amidar, on my Atari 2600.

I borrowed that game from a girl in my neighborhood. It was actually in a nearby arcade as well. The 2600 version was pretty decent.

8. The font used in "Space" from Space Pilot looks suspiciously like the one used in Space Ace.

Lazy.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    The font used in "Space" from Space Pilot looks suspiciously like the one used in Space Ace.

Lazy.
    I did'nt notice it, until you mentioned it. That is pretty lazy.

10. I had a "Crazy Kong" tape for my Vic-20. It looked waaay shittier than the arcade version they represented.

Might have to change my name to MONKEY DONKEY. Pure genius right there.