Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2030323334

Thread: DOA: Ultimate Official Thread

1. Anyone give the Item Collection on Survival Mode a try? I'm a sucker for collection gimmicks -- here, you have 2 pages of items to collect and, apparently, you eventually HAVE to play as each character in order to get character-specific items to drop. Getting all of the items supposedly unlocks everything -- all costumes, all characters, etc. -- everything. A side benefit (for me) is getting some intensive practice in with certain characters.

Played a bunch of matches against Tigana last night. He's got a very solid game, although I did manage to steal a (very) few wins with my up and coming Gen Fu.

By the way, TNL has to be one of the best boards around. I say this because every TNLer I've played over Live has been cool. That is astounding to me, but true.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet
    Anyone give the Item Collection on Survival Mode a try? I'm a sucker for collection gimmicks -- here, you have 2 pages of items to collect and, apparently, you eventually HAVE to play as each character in order to get character-specific items to drop. Getting all of the items supposedly unlocks everything -- all costumes, all characters, etc. -- everything. A side benefit (for me) is getting some intensive practice in with certain characters.

Played a bunch of matches against Tigana last night. He's got a very solid game, although I did manage to steal a (very) few wins with my up and coming Gen Fu.

By the way, TNL has to be one of the best boards around. I say this because every TNLer I've played over Live has been cool. That is astounding to me, but true.
    That's cause we aren't the typical gamers. We have lives, we have other interests, it's just that games to us are important too...TNLers on Live are fun to hang with..see you guys on tonight (prolly my wife playing while I practice 3S or reload)...

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet
    By the way, TNL has to be one of the best boards around. I say this because every TNLer I've played over Live has been cool.
    IBTN.

4. While playing BO3 earlier I checked my Friends list to see that three of you were playing "English title 00x5500032" I left XBL, signed back in, and it confirmed what I thought it was (mainly because FuryFox was playing it) as the random conglomeration was renamed to Dead or Alive Ultimate. Wierd.

5. We're all playing English title 00x5500032 right now.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    We're all playing English title 00x5500032 right now.
    English title 00x5500032 is a GOTY candidate.

Anway, have any of you guys seen a FAQ floating around? I'm trying to get into more difficult combos/juggles but the movelist for Bayman is so limited I'm beginning to think I'm doomed to keep using paltry scrub combos. Thoughts?

Yeah. Paltry. I said it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    That's cause we aren't the typical gamers. We have lives, we have other interests, it's just that games to us are important too...TNLers on Live are fun to hang with..see you guys on tonight (prolly my wife playing while I practice 3S or reload)...

ssb
    What is it with wives and fighting games. I can barely get mine to play anything else, a little Rainbow Six 3 but other than that game that's it. As soon as I picked up DOA I get to share the gameplay every night

8. 2p is your friend.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Although, in retrospect, it's pretty funny that this pre-pubecent foul mouthed brat had the gamer tag BUSTACAPUPYOAS.
    I can't stand that little bitch.

10. I left him negative user feeback. *shakes fist*
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.