Page 1 of 34 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: DOA: Ultimate Official Thread

1. Yield DOA: Ultimate Official Thread

Well, this one's coming out next month and is looking pretty darn good. I wasn't much for it until I saw the trailer in the OXM demo. The graphics are incredible (the detail!) and the game looks to play very solid. Getting DOA 1 included with online play is just gravy.

Here's the rundown from xbox.com:

Tecmo’s esteemed development group Team Ninja has created the ultimate Dead or Alive fighting experience. Dead or Alive® Ultimate packages the original Saturn version of Dead or Alive™ with a completely redesigned Dead or Alive™ 2 for the Xbox video game system.

And, now—for first the first time ever on any console—gamers can enjoy 3-D fighting online! Both games are Xbox Live-enabled, giving players the chance to test their fighting skills against a vast community of highly competitive gamers across the globe.

Xbox Live compatibility: Dead or Alive Ultimate will be the world’s first fully online 3-D fighting game for home gaming consoles. By using the highly advanced online capabilities of Microsoft’s Xbox Live service, Dead or Alive Ultimate will feature a multitude of online features and play modes, creating the world’s largest online community of fighting game fans.

“Ultimate” Dead or Alive: In 1997, the original Dead or Alive was released on the now classic SEGA Saturn, pushing its processing power to the absolute limits. The original Dead or Alive has long been considered one of the greatest masterpieces in the series, but it was never released in the North American Territory. Now, the graphics of the SEGA Saturn version, beautifully crafted by Tecmo’s Team Ninja to be the most advanced at that time, make their first appearance on the Xbox—perfectly rendered, of course.

“Ultimate” Dead or Alive 2: Dead or Alive 2 is one of the most popular fighting games of all time, bringing in more than $2 million in sales since its inception in 2000. Now, it is ready to explode back onto the gaming scene as part of Dead or Alive Ultimate. Exquisitely redesigned on a brand new engine, it boasts amazing new interactive environments that are made possible by the incredible power of the Xbox. Gorgeous crystal-clear graphics, new fighting moves, and never-before-seen costumes are also combined to create the ultimate in fighting games.

Special Collector’s Edition packaging: For a limited time, Dead or Alive Ultimate boasts the ultimate in packaging with the Special Collector’s Edition two-disc set. Collectible trading cards, which feature the characters of the games and their special moves, are also included as an added bonus.

The truth behind Dead or Alive: The new Dead or Alive Ultimate features never-before-seen episodes from the characters’ pasts, revealing new details about each character. These new movies feature unbelievable graphics that will leave fans in awe. These movies will finally answer questions such as the reasons for Ayane’s birth and the meaning of the flower in Kasumi’s ending.

New costumes: Dead or Alive Ultimate also features a plethora of brand-new costumes, from sexy patriotic garb for Tina to spins on some of the traditional costumes. After all, outfitting the Dead or Alive girls before they fight is half the fun!

Exclusive bonus content and secrets revealed: Special bonus content and other secrets will be revealed closer to the time of launch, so stay tuned!
    Some pics:

- Gorgeous arenas!
    - Ladies kicking ass
    - Badass lightning effects!
    - Saturn DOA!

I hope something is done about droppers. If the same thing happens as in SNK vs. Capcom, it'll ruin the whole experience. I wonder how laggy it is too.

2. I already requested not to work the day this comes out. I will be ALL over this.

Gotta love Ayane wearing the outfit from Tecmo's Deception.
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Uh-oh

New costumes: Dead or Alive Ultimate also features a plethora of brand-new costumes, from sexy patriotic garb for Tina to spins on some of the traditional costumes. After all, outfitting the Dead or Alive girls before they fight is half the fun!
    Woohoo! They know their audience! (me)

4. It says DOA was never released in North America, but I'm sure I played it on Playstation, wonderful bounciness and all.

Regardless, this is the only reason I'm keeping XBL at this point. It should be awesome. I assume Christie and Brad won't be in this though, which is a shame since I was deadly with both those characters. Guess I'll bust out the Muay Thai with Zack then...I'd play Hayabusa, but with the release of Ninja Gaiden, I expect every other person I play to be him.

5. It wasn't released in the U.S. for Saturn. Shame too, as it was the better version.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    It wasn't released in the U.S. for Saturn. Shame too, as it was the better version.
    How so? For it's time, I recall the PS version looking pretty good. Hi-res even, as I recall.

7. The Saturn rev had Hi-Res too. The backgrounds were changed in the PS version and the rings were flat, I believe, to keep it 60FPS (I may be wrong though. It's been a while). I liked the Saturn pad better too.

8. My only gripe about DoAUltimate is yeah, no DoA3 characters. So there goes half of my best players right there.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. I'll get my ass kicked, but I'll be there.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    It says DOA was never released in North America, but I'm sure I played it on Playstation, wonderful bounciness and all.

Regardless, this is the only reason I'm keeping XBL at this point. It should be awesome. I assume Christie and Brad won't be in this though, which is a shame since I was deadly with both those characters. Guess I'll bust out the Muay Thai with Zack then...I'd play Hayabusa, but with the release of Ninja Gaiden, I expect every other person I play to be him.
    If this sells well, and you know it will, DOA3 will not be far behind. Doesn't the box say 'vol 1' or something like that even? I feel the same way myself. I can't really go back to DOA2 after 3, its just a better game for me.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2