Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2030323334

Thread: The Passion of the Christ

1. Arafat: Passion of the Christ 'impressive'

Yasser Arafat watched Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ on Saturday, and afterward a top aide compared Jesus' pain during crucifixion to the suffering of Palestinians in the conflict with Israel.
    Arafat, who watched the film on a small TV set in his Ramallah office, said the movie was "historic and impressive."
    Hey now! It's officially Arafat-approved...

He mentioned elsewhere that it wasn't anti-Semetic, but...um, you know, I can imagine how comforting that is to Jews given the source...
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

2. rezzed since i finally saw it. it kicked ass. the devil stuff seemed a little overstated, but the acting was really strong,and the direction was tight. loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

3. Wow, man. Way to be late to the party.

4. My (late) take:

Why pay to see a Jesus snuff movie?

On the other hand, when has there ever been a rated-R Jesus movie?

-The movie is worth seeing because of Monica Bellucci anyways, the rest is just details.

5. Ok, I think Neek officially has the worst taste in movies...just out of curiosity, what movies DO you like?

6. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    ...just out of curiosity, what movies DO you like?
    With taste in movies like his, it doesn't matter what he likes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    Ok, I think Neek officially has the worst taste in movies...just out of curiosity, what movies DO you like?
    Indie/cult. That doesn't mean I don't check out big budget films, but I make sure to support indepedent films instead of hollywood, i.e. I pay for indie, I sneak into big budget (not all the time, but it is rather easy ).

What really makes me laugh is seeing those public ads crying about pirated movies. Movie sales are growing at a slower pace, and yes it's partially cause of pirated movies, but to cry about it saying "stop" because of all the behind-the-scenes-people who need paychecks is rediculous. Dock some pay from the millionaire actors and spread it more evenly to the 'underlings.' Don't give me the sob story about being dooped money because of copied movies (through the advancement of technology) when big name actors are raking it in for doing the least amount of work (in many cases, yea that means you mr. affleck). I don't condone pirated movies being sold as a black-market business, but copying movies to spread the quality of that movie to others for free should make that director, actors, and everyone happier that their work is reaching a wider audience at the expense of a few dollars. Boohoo.

I have a feeling this post is going to make me more friends here, hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    With taste in movies like his, it doesn't matter what he likes.
    Paramount/Sony, Universal, etc. thanks you for your devotion. Don't ever stray and actually dig to see a hidden gem and risk a chance to see another big explosion. ...