Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper Mario or Mario RPG

Paper Mario was better I think, cooler gameplay.

2. Oddly enough, I haven't played Paper Mario yet, but I really enjoyed Super Mario RPG when I used to rent it. You gotta love a game in which Mario and Bowser teams-up to defeat a greater evil (even if it was only temporary).

3. Paper Mario.

Both are great, but paper mario is easily over twice as long, and its gameplay is more unique. I've said it a dozen times, but its worth mentioning that paper mario was my favorite game of 2001

4. Re: Paper Mario or Mario RPG

Originally posted by Korian
    I have played both and I have to say I enjoyed the SNES Mario rpg more. I loved the timed button pressing,hiding behind curtins the forest maze the music and the cameos!

When I say Pearls does anyone know what I mean?

Paper Mario was good but only one helper in your party at a time? I liked the mini cooking game and stealth sequences.

Which do you enjoy?

Korian
    It doesn't sound like you played much of Paper Mario. You also do timed button presses in it. Also, you have all of your helpers with you at all times and with the right badge equipped, you can change them at any time during battle without losing a turn. I liked both, but I think Paper Mario is one of, if not the best rpg's of all time.

5. PEARLS...

code in the ship.

Re: Re: Paper Mario or Mario RPG

Originally posted by kbuchanan

It doesn't sound like you played much of Paper Mario. You also do timed button presses in it. Also, you have all of your helpers with you at all times and with the right badge equipped, you can change them at any time during battle without losing a turn. I liked both, but I think Paper Mario is one of, if not the best rpg's of all time.
    Your right I beat it in a few days since it was a Blockbuster rental, I guess I forgot about the button presess in Paper Mario it just felt different.

I guess maybe I should try it again sometime.

Korian

7. Paper Mario tells you how long it took you to beat the game. It took me 40hrs and some change, which, to me, is too long for an rpg ordinarily, but in the case of this game, not long enough.