Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Konami confirms CONTRA and SILENT HILL 3 for the PS2

1. If it ain't a sidescroller it ain't Contra....

2. Wow, Great news. Being a huge Silent Hill fan myself, this news bring joy to my heart. Another game to look forward on PS2.

As for Contra, we need to wait and see how it turns out. I'm sure it CAN be done right in 3d, if they put more effort into it.

3. I only care about 2 games, Suikoden 3 and SH3. And I'll wait for the XB version of SH3....

Ppl are anticipating Contra? I can see for GBA, but you already know it's gonna be crap for PS2...

4. Unless it's side-scrolling 2D, but of course it ain't gonna be...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Everyone seems convinced that Contra is going to suck, but remember, it's being developed by KCET, not Appaloosa, the Euro junk behind the PS One games. Have some faith.

-Shane

6. I'm definitely pumped about Contra for the GBA but the jury is still out on Contra for the PS2. Here's hoping and praying for an all new 2D Contra on a "next-gen" system...

7. Originally posted by thray-walsh
    Everyone seems convinced that Contra is going to suck, but remember, it's being developed by KCET, not Appaloosa, the Euro junk behind the PS One games. Have some faith.

-Shane
    Appaloosa, tjat was the name of the shitty developer behind the PSX versions. I ws trying to remember that...

Anyway, you make good point. I've never been let down by a Japanese-developed Contra before...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Originally posted by thray-walsh
    Everyone seems convinced that Contra is going to suck, but remember, it's being developed by KCET, not Appaloosa, the Euro junk behind the PS One games. Have some faith.

-Shane
    You took my words from my mouth. People seem to keep forgetting that Legacy of War and C: The Contra Adventure weren't made in-house. And since of the guys at KCE Tokyo were around since the NES days, maybe it will be actually good for a change.

For those wondering: Contra: Shattered Soldiers is the announced name for the new PS2 game, whereas the GBA game is be titled Contra: Alien Wars EX.

9. So the GBA rev is a port of the SNES game?

10. Originally posted by xS
    So the GBA rev is a port of the SNES game?
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.