Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Of all the games you've beaten...

1. I think this thread is going to turn into the "most obscure game" thread, but what the hell... I'll go with Questron, which was an RPG put out by SSI in 1982 or so (SSI was pretty hot back then). I still think this game had one of the most gratifying endings of any game I've played.

Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted

Renegade: Only because most people loses their patience when they reach Stage 4. Stage 4 is pratically impossible on the third difficulty level.
    Renegade was the first video game I ever beat. Now I feel special.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. Yeah, I think we'll end up talking about obscure games - on that note, I've beaten Shadows of the Tusk, and I don't really know anyone other than Sleeveboy (now) that's played it. Battle Garegga on 1 credit, maybe?

4. My first chice would be battletoads, both nes and snes versions. I would say the nes version is harder cuz its longer, but I'll be damned if the last two stages in the snes one make me want to change my mind. the majority of people who have tried usually give up in the turbo tunnel.
    Milon's secret castle isn't really hard, its that there are no continues, so you have to play carefully. Me and my brother spent a whole day playing it and finally finished it. And what a crap ending.
    Second choice would be D & D warriors of the eternal sun. I've never heard of anyone finishing this one. Its harder finding the stupid monster you have to kill than killing it(well, you don't even fight it anyway.)

HA! Hey, Johnny, I also beat Ghost's 'n Goblins on the Saturn CG2... except I did it twice in a row to get the good ending. You might've, too, but you didn't mention it.

Let's see... I'll try to name hard NES games that most of us have played. I've beaten Battletoads... I don't know how many other people did that. I also beat Bionic Commando and Batman... those were pretty tough. There's some more I can't remember right now, I'll post them after I go to my closet and look at the stacks.

Hey did anyone beat Rare's Snake, Rattle & Roll on the NES? That was pretty tough.

PS - Remember in the Sunsoft NES Batman, how the title screen would come up, disappear, and play a monotonous tone that would make you think the NES had frozen? I loved that. What the hell was the point?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. I beat both Bionic Commando and batman. Did you know if you stand at the tip of the Joker's gun, he can't hit you? I think Metal Storm was honestly harder.

There's one! I also beat Metal Storm... that was a cool game, too.

Did YOU know that while Joker's flashing after you punch him, you can walk right through him? Actually, you probably did, since you beat the game and all... I love the way he just THROWS his ass off the building. So very un-Batman like.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    Milon's secret castle isn't really hard, its that there are no continues, so you have to play carefully.
    Actually, there was... it was just hidden like in the other game Hudson brought out at that time, Adventure Island. (Had to grab the hidden Hudson Bee item in Stage 1-4 before you could continue in that one, I think.)

I'd think a lot of people have beaten Bionic Commando and Batman -- they were both popular games. (I never did beat the last boss in Batman, though. Firebug (2nd to last boss) always kicked my ass if that horrible stage didn't.)

9. i don't think anyone would have gone through the original Ikari Warriors on NES in their right mind..
    the game was insanely long and really boring after a while..

i don't know why i went through it all, but i did.. for a while, i thought the game was one of those games that doesn't actually end, you just keep going and going and parts of the levels repeat over and over and you just rack up points, but then i got to the end..

did anyone else beat it??
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

10. Originally posted by Sqoon
    Interesting topic.

I'd have to say Traysia. Few people played it, even fewer can tolerate it.
    Make that the two of us, sir. I have no clue what compelled me to play through this, that battle system was wretched. *-neo