Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question: Of all the games you've beaten...

1. Originally posted by Mzo
    HA! Hey, Johnny, I also beat Ghost's 'n Goblins on the Saturn CG2... except I did it twice in a row to get the good ending. You might've, too, but you didn't mention it.
    As a matter of fact, I did. I don't consider bad endings as real endings (unless they're really good bad endings), so yes, I've completed twice Makaimura twice in order to actually get the ending. As a matter of fact, I beated the game twice (err four times). So don't consider yourself more elitist in Ghost 'n Goblins than me.

2. Goonies II (Most people seem to have problem beating this game, but it isn't so hard once you memorize the level's layout and and used your keys almost exclusively on hidden safes.
    Flashback--1980-something, sitting at home with my sister, mother, and father, killing ourselves over how to use the freaking glasses, and kicking ourselves after finding out you had to hit SELECT! Alsmost everyone who i've talked to that's played the game seemed to have the same problem, though, so I don't feel too weaksauce.

Although the game was ass (admit it--it sucked), it was definatly home to some good times involving my gamer family. Definatly a decently hard game, but more due to the sheer size of the game and subpar controls rather than a test of skill.

My vote, though, would probably go to two games--

--Section Z. Not a whole of people played it, and even less have beaten it (to my knowledge, at least). I remember playing it for a week straight, getting so frustrated at those faaaaaaaaast levels, getting stuck on walls and dying instantly. My father, fed up with all my cussing and hair-pulling, would up sitting down with me and mapped out the entire game while I played through it. Good times. And definatly one of the top 5 games i'd like to see go into the "next gen".

--Legacy of the Wizard. Another game my whole family got deeply involved in. I remember renting it from the video store, and re-renting it for another week so we could finish it up. HUGE game, unique gameplay, and very cool concept. Each character (Mother, Father, Daughter, and Pet) had a specific area they were to progress though to obtain a Crown each, with the Son taking up the task of slaying the Ancient Dragon with the Dragon Slayer. The highlight of the whole thing was when we returned it to the video store and watched the looks of awe on the employees faces as we told them how we beat it. I'll never forget that moment.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. Thanks for the topic.
    "Cuz I flow and rock the hardest of the crowds.
    A marvel pow, how you like me now.
    I've returned, the kiss of death, the last Damien.
    From the abyss, so fresh, Eternal Alien."

3. Originally posted by Mzo
    There's one! I also beat Metal Storm... that was a cool game, too.

Did YOU know that while Joker's flashing after you punch him, you can walk right through him? Actually, you probably did, since you beat the game and all... I love the way he just THROWS his ass off the building. So very un-Batman like.
    I whupped all three of those...and that cane trick was the only way I could ever reliably beat the Joker. Metal Storm was hard?

The only games I've won that I think few others have done would be NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the very first one), Actraiser 2, NES Gyruss, NES Astyanax, China Warrior and Ordyne on TG-16, Dark Arms on NGPC, Red Dog on DC (although I know there's folk on this board who have completed that arduous task), Wrestle War on Genesis, Maken X and Carrier on DC (only because nobody played them, not because they were hard). I know there are others, but the only reasons nobody else probably won them is because they weren't memorable enough for me to remember what they were called...
    -Kyo

4. Originally posted by EternalAlien

--Legacy of the Wizard. Another game my whole family got deeply involved in. I remember renting it from the video store, and re-renting it for another week so we could finish it up. HUGE game, unique gameplay, and very cool concept. Each character (Mother, Father, Daughter, and Pet) had a specific area they were to progress though to obtain a Crown each, with the Son taking up the task of slaying the Ancient Dragon with the Dragon Slayer. The highlight of the whole thing was when we returned it to the video store and watched the looks of awe on the employees faces as we told them how we beat it. I'll never forget that moment.
    Nice...that and Hydlide were two NES games I could never win because I couldn't figure them out - when I rented them they came without instructions.
    -Kyo

5. Originally posted by rezo
    rocketeer was freeware. at least 100 people have heard of it.

Ok, a different answer then. Golgo 13. Because it takes a LOOOONG time to beat, and is annoyingly hard, so I figure everyone else just stopped playing. like i did with Golgo 13 part 2.
    I beat it as well. I loved it. Going back and playing it today , however, I don't like it all that much. i guess I had more patience back then ( and fewer games!) Never played part 2 though. How was it?

6. NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the very first one), Actraiser 2, NES Gyruss, NES Astyanax. I finished all of those. i remember for the longest time everyone in my neighborhood being stuck on the third stage cuz they didn't know where to go. then I figured it out. That Technodome was murder. Me and older brother beat Section Z a long time ago. Funny thing is, I still remember the specific routes to go after all this time.

I've never heard of anyone aside from me who played all the way through Deadly Towers and Predator(both nes). Predator was nothing special, but Deadly Towers, man, I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that I played all the way through.

7. Hmm... An obscure game I beat that not many people played or even heard of?

Demolition Man for 3DO.

Try beating that. Ha!

8. I spent what felt like three whole hours getting to the end of The Super Spy.

That's 180 minutes of my life I want back.