Thread: The Medal of Honor Series

The Medal of Honor Series

Who says EA doesn't release quality stuff?

MOH is a great FPS series. Right now I'm playing the demos of MOH: Allied Assault(PC) and MOH: Frontline(PS2). I'm having trouble deciding which game I like better. Those bastards didn't put control customization in the PS2 demo though. I can't play without inverted aiming!

2. The MOH series is really great.

I liked how for the most part they stayed true to the WWII era. They didn't include plasma guns in the game or monsters or anything. I think the developers took the game seriously.

All the games also had an outstanding soundtrack, I listen to the OSTs every once in a while.

Then there was the incredible immersion factor, it really felt like you were one soldier smack dab in the middle of WWII.

I think the series recieved some kind of award for excellence from the MOH society (Or some similar WWII veteran orginazation).
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i quite enjoy the series except for the dual analog "problem" of the first two games where the cursor would just point to the ground for no reason. allied assault is a good game but its too easy to die (no not that i suck) but rather it seems a LOT of times enemies (especially snipers) can shoot thru walls. and finally frontline looks (so far) too much like allied assault. but they are fun games nontheless.

4. Fantastic series. Michael Giacchino's score was the first score that made me want a video game soundtrack.

Allied Assault is easily the best in the series (despite a disappointing ending and level balance problems) and I don't see how Frontline could possibly pass it.

I'm glad the air combat MoH was cancelled. Let's them focus on more FPS-goodness.

5. MOH is the one FPS series I actually enjoy.

I've only played the first one, though, and I never actually got around to buying it. I guess I was discouraged by the fact that I had beaten over 3/4 of the game before my rental period was up.

I am looking forward to Frontline, however.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. I consider MOH and MOH Underground to be two of the most underrated PSX games around. Great stuff. Everything about the game, score, sound effects, level design, weapon design, it's all top notch. I haven't played AA because my PC sucks.

Every played multiplayer on PSX? It's only two player, but it's still pretty cool. The multiplayer stages are well made and the grenades are just too fun. You can be Winston Churchill too!

7. Originally posted by Seik
    The MOH series is really great.

I liked how for the most part they stayed true to the WWII era. They didn't include plasma guns in the game or monsters or anything. I think the developers took the game seriously.
    Actually, there were kinda monsters in Underground. Remember the level where you're in the Nazi castle and you're being attacked by the undead kight thingys? Underground got a little too occult near the end there...

But the series overall is fantastic. I've always been a huge WWII buff, and the atmosphere of the series is fantastic. The developers really did their homework to make sure they got the looks, sounds and feel of the era right. Plus, the mission and level design were top-notch, and the graphics for a PSX FPS were actually pretty decent. I really can't wait for Frontline. I have to go to the bookstore today and steal the new OPM demo disc...

One thing kinda makes me laugh about the first game, though. During the undercover missions, if you were discovered, the Nazis would start yelling, "Hey! It ees Jimmy Patterson!!". I just thought it was funny...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww