Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: "For the love of god make a sequel to these" thread

1. Whoa

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    There were 4 of them. I'm not sure what else there is to do with the game. I'd be happy to see all the levels combined into one game and ported to the GBA. Penguin Lands's incompatibility with the Master Gear, and the crappiness of the Gameboy version are crimes that need adressing..
    I don't think anything "needs addressing" or improving for that matter. I just want a nice convenient new version for GBA (or PSP, I suppose). It would be a perfect portable game. I know a GB version exists, but I want a truly good modern version.

If a billion versions of Puyo Puyo and Bomberman can be made every time a new console is released (that's not a bad thing, mind you) I don't see why Sega can't make a new Penguin Land for one modern system.

2. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    The RARE website has made a career out of making fun of two groups of people: people asking for Perfect Dark push-button codes, and people that ask for a Blast Corps sequel.
    Whatever....

3. Rolling Thunder 4

Rush N' Attack 3

Street Fighter IV: Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the last SFA. No more EX, please- Arika's time is better spent porting Cave shooters. So this leaves that.

DarkStalkers 2: Redraw all the characters and kick it up to 640x480.

WarZard 2: If this were released, then hopefully Capcom would bundle it together with a port of the first.

19XX II: The Revenge of Destiny

Border Down 2

Crisis Zone 2

Magician Lord 2

Layer Section 4

GigaWing 3

Operation Wolf 5 (Operation Tiger is the 4th game in the series)

G.Darius 2, Darius Gaiden 2, or Darius III

Thunder Force VI (Someone by the nick of "Garow" in Japan is working on a PC game called "Thunder Future". Check out http://liberty-hp.ddo.jp/tf/thunderfuture/ )

4. Mars Matrix
    Ico
    Shadow Run
    Worms (non-3D)
    Vagrant Story
    Symphony of the Night
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall
    Symphony of the Night
    Did you miss the three CV's on GBA that play exactly like it?

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude
    DarkStalkers 2: Redraw all the characters and kick it up to 640x480.
    You mean 4... Vampire Saviour was number 3.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. Either EGM or Game Informer leaked a rumor, that a sequel to Warhawk is being made for the PS2. I'm hoping this is true.

Burning Rangers: The game was just too much for the Saturn's 3-D hardware. A remake would make me more than happy, but a sequel with the original game enhanced would make me cream.

7. Anyone mention Chakan yet? If not...Chakan.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I am going to focus on series that have changed direction too drastically for the newer games to be called sequels. I want a real new...

Castlevania -- Not Metroidvania. Not bland 3D. The fucking 2D action game.
    Golden Axe -- No one-on-one fighting. That limits my ability to kick 12 enemies' asses at the same time.
    Mega Man -- Where the fuck is Mega Man 9, Capcom? X, Legends, and Battle Network suck. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Phantasy Star -- If it requires a modem or BBA, it ain't Phantasy Star. If it includes cards, it ain't Phantasy Star.
    Shinobi -- I don't know what the hell that abomination on PS2 was, but it wasn't Shinobi.
    Street Fighter -- No Alpha. No EXE. No versus. Hint: the right answer ends in "IV".

Video games are becoming what I grew to hate about comics many years ago. I want Batman. I don't want Catwoman, Robin, and every other half-assed spin off some jerk off can dream up while drunk. While I am ranting, Superman sucks.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by SGGG
    If a billion versions of Puyo Puyo and Bomberman can be made every time a new console is released (that's not a bad thing, mind you) I don't see why Sega can't make a new Penguin Land for one modern system.
    Here too.

9. Motherfucking Hagane!!!

This game was like Strider and Shinobi combined but also having awesome AWESOME design in everything. I play it on the Dream SNES all the time.

Also Run Saber which was SNES's answer to Strider

Cybernator

and

Metal Warriors

10. Quote Originally Posted by jarrod
    It'd be nice if SNKP revived the unfinished NeoGeo Crystalis II on GBA too.
    Seriously, this would instantly become my most wanted game ever. I came into this thread only to say how much I want a sequel to Crystalis and how much I hate SNK for making 6483758943 derivative fighting games and not following up the best adventure game ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.