Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 57891011 LastLast

Thread: "For the love of god make a sequel to these" thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    Policenauts.

The ending doesn't really lend itself well to a sequel (considering every bad guy is either dead or in jail).

Of course........we never do get to see Redwood's body after throwing himself from the stairway (unless there's something I missed). If he can survive getting shot by Jonathan a thousand times, I'm sure a fall would be nothing for him. Policenauts 2: Redwood's Revenge.

2. Shining the Holy Ark- as much as I like the Shining Force series, there's plenty of S-rpgs around. Give me a sequel to Holy Ark.

However, if we must have more strategy games, how about another Vasteel?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Yes! This game was very underrated IMO. A sequel would indeed be nice.(
    Fucking hell, I had so many opportunities as a kid to try this game, but i never did because of the trashing it got from all the magazines I read(we are talking ~40% here). Thank god for the internet so I can use regular people opinions to decide what games I get instead of these so called "professional reviewers".

4. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    The ending doesn't really lend itself well to a sequel (considering every bad guy is either dead or in jail).

Of course........we never do get to see Redwood's body after throwing himself from the stairway (unless there's something I missed). If he can survive getting shot by Jonathan a thousand times, I'm sure a fall would be nothing for him. Policenauts 2: Redwood's Revenge.
    Great one. You should be the screen writer.

5. Yeah it was EGM (march) that mentioned the Warhawk sequel. Hopefully it will be released in '04.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RyChus
    Rare's Jet Force Gemini. If they do away with the fetch quest aspect of the game, thier's the potential for an impressive run n' gun. Provided they kept the uplifting score,...and the Plasma Rifle The music is what sold me. It was sci-fi to a point, without getting all techno. Yet it kept you riveted and alert.
    All this could be my imaginaton, though. Wish I interest more, but sadly, I can't revisit this gem...
    Good god yes, for the 10,000th time, give us a sequel. One of my all time favorites. RyChus, do you know where to locate the music for this game. Everywhere I find downloads for it, the links are broken, I'd ass rape a nun (not really) for this soundtrack.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

7. New Warhawk! I wonder if they bring back the original actors, sets, OMG, they could so easily parody the old FMV days.
    Time for a change

8. Mad

[quote2='kbuchana']RyChus, do you know where to locate the music for this game.[/quote2]
    I can helpful claim with confidence that... no. I don't know of any.
    I'll try to keep in eye out, though.

DjRocca: Looking back, the exploration did its part to hold the action together. The game would feel really emety without it. But my main gripe was how hindered you felt when you'd have to backtrack through those gy-mongous levels just to rescue 3 or 4 of those bugged eyed slave teady bears(the real name escapes me, but I trust you know the ones)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    Shining the Holy Ark- as much as I like the Shining Force series, there's plenty of S-rpgs around. Give me a sequel to Holy Ark.

However, if we must have more strategy games, how about another Vasteel?

How did I miss that one? Shining the Holy Ark, is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Nothing fance for it's time, but the combination of an excellent soundtrack, a style reminisent of 16-bit RPG's and a cool storyline made this game one of the best, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    Fucking hell, I had so many opportunities as a kid to try this game, but i never did because of the trashing it got from all the magazines I read(we are talking ~40% here). Thank god for the internet so I can use regular people opinions to decide what games I get instead of these so called "professional reviewers".
    Didn't EGM give Run Saber pretty good reviews? The game is a poor man's Strider but I still liked it.