Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Rodriguez to direct Sin City

1. Robert Rodriguez to direct Sin City

http://www.superherohype.com/index.php?id=915

Variety has confirmed that Robert Rodriguez has commited to direct Sin City, an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic noir crime novel series.

Dimension Films co-chairman Bob Weinstein has given Rodriguez the go-ahead to begin shooting next month in Austin, Texas. Rodriguez will produce with Elizabeth Avellan through his Troublemaker Studios label.

Set in Sin City, the film interconnects storylines that involve the unsavory inhabitants of the town. Rodriguez has already shot the film's opening with Josh Hartnett and Marley Shelton, and he's now casting the remaining roles as the rest of the film gets under way in March.

"I'd been a fan of 'Sin City' since it was published in 1991, and I always felt that when you walk into a comicbook store, it jumps off the shelf at you," Rodriguez said. "After doing the 'Spy Kids' movies, I was looking to do something that would offer lighting and special effects challenges. I decided I didn't want to adapt Frank's book but rather translate it to the screen with the same visual flourishes that Frank used so well."

I've read the first collection. It's certainly a stylish series, it'll be interesting to see how it's brought to life.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Nice. I wonder who'll play Marv.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I'd say Tom Sizemore if he wasn't in the klink.
    Time for a change

4. A bit more info on it from AICN-
    http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17080

Sizemore as Marv? I like that idea. What does, "in the klink" mean, though? He's in jail?
    pwned by Ivan

5. Yep, he's in jail.
    Time for a change

6. pwned by Ivan

lithium Guest
    ugh. Sin City as a movie? That doesn't sound promising. But hey, we'll see...

8. Bruce Willis as Hartigan sounds cool. Meh to the rest.

9. Read some more about it at AICN. Rogdriguez has quit the directors guild so Miller can co-direct. Tarrentino will direct one of the stories. They're in talks with Benicio Del Toro, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Walken, Micheal Douglas and Johnny Depp to be in it.
    pwned by Ivan

10. Both directors are hit and miss. The long wait begins.