Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: KOF Maximum Impact

1. you god damn right you should. this is the absolute most fun i've had with a fighter in the last 2 years.

i mean shit, i comboed mai's fucking AIR THROW in a juggle
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/mai2.avi

got 51hits with ryo
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/ryo51hit.avi

and i made kyo kusaniagi into a badass
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/kyo-wall.avi
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitefolks
    you god damn right you should. this is the absolute most fun i've had with a fighter in the last 2 years.

i mean shit, i comboed mai's fucking AIR THROW in a juggle
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/mai2.avi

got 51hits with ryo
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/ryo51hit.avi

and i made kyo kusaniagi into a badass
    www.pimp-productions.com/videos/kyo-wall.avi
    I can't get these to load, file not found...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. I pre-oredered this game still waiting for it...it looks great.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2h2hzcx.gif
    Fight Like A Robot!

4. You need to use VLC media player to see these or get that shitty codec pack MrWhitefolks were talking about. They're actually kind of worth watching, it's just too bad Whitefolks couldn't use a more accessible format like a real champion of combos would.

5. Are there any counters in this game?

Seems like as soon as you start to get comboed or juggled you may as well walk away....

6. Uh... my set-up of QuickTime played the video just fine, and crap, that thing never plays anything. Thus, it has to be at least a semi-standard codec. I have the standard 5.1 divx codec and 3vix installed, but I'm not sure I have much more than that when it comes to QT.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Same here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Are there any counters in this game?

Seems like as soon as you start to get comboed or juggled you may as well walk away....
    Ok my question is -- it looks like those videos were done in training mode right? Is there air/ground recovery on moves and was that turned on? For instance you can turn recovery off in GGXX and other games and combo to your hearts content, but with recovery on, there are only certain combos you can get away with...

So how is the system? Because as it stands, I'm afraid this is going to be a terribly broken game if you can do 51 hit combos with no recovery...

Can you give us more on the battle system? defense, or air blocking, counters, etc...?

I mean this looks really fun and cool, but 50 hits for free does not make for a very balanced game...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

9. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Ok my question is -- it looks like those videos were done in training mode right? Is there air/ground recovery on moves and was that turned on? For instance you can turn recovery off in GGXX and other games and combo to your hearts content, but with recovery on, there are only certain combos you can get away with...

So how is the system? Because as it stands, I'm afraid this is going to be a terribly broken game if you can do 51 hit combos with no recovery...

Can you give us more on the battle system? defense, or air blocking, counters, etc...?

I mean this looks really fun and cool, but 50 hits for free does not make for a very balanced game...

ok...here we go.

1)the codec i normally use(divx 5.02) was having some HORRIBLE output when i originally did these videos...hence why i went with an alternate codec(if you'd grab the kazza-lite codec PACK, it would solve any and all problems viewing video files online).

2)yes the game has recoveries. BUT, the recovery rolls are turned on during any video i do. then i double check myself to make sure it works.

explanation of engine:
    for some reason snk got retarded and decided to disallow players to tech-roll off of sweeps. so...this game is horribly dependant on otg(off the ground) attacks and wall juggles.

wall hits(opps that get bounced off of walls in mid-air) can only be rebounced twice(a total of 3 times) before the opp becomes "invincible". this stops infinites(which is a GREAT thing).

special grab - resets are also auto-escaped out of after the 3rd attempt. case in point? try to do ralf's hcf+wp~d,d+wk, fp , hcf+wp~d,d+wk, repeat.

after the third grab and reset, the next one will be auto escaped by the opp.
    same goes for maxima and his suplex reset.

there is also no "air recovery" unless you hit a juggled opp with a weak hit, then they auto flip out regardless.

NOTE:
    keep in mind that the majority of the more advanced combos require specific character placement(as do other 3d titles with walls), so for that ryo combo to work to it's fullest extent you will have to set up the opp with the right distance(both from you and the wall, which changes per stage).

most combos in this game are the basic direct kinds(jumpin, chain combo, special, super) that you would expect out of Rival Schools or something similar. dont think you will see anything i do in my videos for this game being done by any average joe...only the most devious bastard like myself will attempt to combo Athena's "ass bomb" and make it work ingame during a match.
    Last edited by MrWhitefolks; 17 Aug 2004 at 08:08 PM.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX