Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: KOF Maximum Impact

1. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    SNK hasn't stopped making KOF games, 2004 will be on the Atomiswave and Sammy themselves are making their own KOF title.
    That's what I'm waiting on. 2004. I never have played it myself, but a lot of people suggest that 2k3 is amazing.

I want to see something top 2k1.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

2. Your favorite was 2k1? I never did like that game for some reason. Maybe I should go back and give it another try.

3. My favorite is also 2k1, though most people hate it. Won't get into that discussion yet again.

This game will have Yuri so I'm already sold on it. It's strange to hear people bitching about getting new fighters. It's not like there's a huge pile of good ones that get released or anything. And considering how SNK recycles sprites, this 3D game is definitely costing them more to make than any other KOF has since the first one.

I think it looks good. Now it only needs to play good and I'll be set.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. I dunno how I feel about this.

Color me curious.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SHiNgO
    Your favorite was 2k1? I never did like that game for some reason. Maybe I should go back and give it another try.
    Yeah 2k1 is godly.

Theres a lot to bitch about with the title, even as a hardcore fan, like the art and the music. But when you stop nitpicking and actually play the game it's a completely different story.

It's probably the fastest KoF game, and the small details like the wire attacks and the ratio system make it perfect for versus games.

I also, as a fan, dug a lot of the little extras they added to this title. Like the team specific win quotes.

A lot of people always say that 98 is the best, because of it's balance. And don't get me wrong, 98 IS a great game, but it doesn't hold a candle to 2k1.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that 2k1 is one of the best 2D fighting games of all time. Up there with Samsho II, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3, and The Last Blade 2.

If you didn't play it that much, I really suggest you take some time to give it a chance, it won't let you down.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

6. Pfff, nice job SNK. Those screens do not stir any excitment what so ever. Why would they not have a character that exists in KoF already in ANY of its first screen shots? Or am I wrong and the game is supposed to not feature any current or past KoF characters? I mean just putting your new (and lame looking) characters in the first screens is a bad idea, you have to at least have like 3D Kyo in there to make peoples interest spark a little more. Smells like a KoF version of Street Fighter EX if you ask me.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    My favorite is also 2k1, though most people hate it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    I mean just putting your new (and lame looking) characters in the first screens is a bad idea, you have to at least have like 3D Kyo in there to make peoples interest spark a little more. Smells like a KoF version of Street Fighter EX if you ask me.
    One looks like a pirate, though...

Though, until I hear more about the gameplay, I'm getting the same feeling. KoF EX + Alpha. Yay?

9. http://www.kofmi.com/index2.php?f=1

The US official site has new screenshots, storyline, and a trailer (no gameplay yet).

It's looking pretty good. The two main guys are twin brothers. The thing takes place in Southtown. A side story it seems......

10. Alba

PERSONAL TREASURES: A picture of his parents and his twin brother

Soiree

PERSONAL TREASURES: His twin brother Alba
    FAVORITE THINGS: His older brother and hamburgers
    Wow that's kinda.....gay.