Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway Arcade Treasures Vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Ok, so what else has Midway done that can be put into this?
    Keep in mind that Midway compilations aren't limited to Midway's games. They have the rights to Williams and Atari Games stuff. I would love to see STUN Runner and Hydra. I also wish Midway would get the TRON rights from Disney again and re-release the old arcade games.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    All I wanted was Moon Patrol, was that so wrong?
    Moon Patrol is in Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2 for PS1, if it's any consolation.

2. It's also in the DC compilation pack of a similar name, which, surpringly, EB had a copy of today for $10.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll
    I was hoping they'd put out a second one, since the first one did fairly well. Hopefully they'll put more of an effort into the extras and GUI this time.
    Agreed. The first edition was decent, but my biggest complaint was that nearly every game gave you a preset configuration. There should've been an option allowing the player to customize the controls according to their tastes. Also, some games like Smash T.V. could've been a bit better in the sound department; overall, the quality wasn't that clear (SNES was much better IMO). They could've done a better job, especially on the next-gen hardware.

And finally, Midway should put a bit more love into the front-end menu system. It seems like they cooked up that GUI within 5 minutes with no sort of creativity whatsoever.

4. About damn time we see some shit like this. Finally some 90's arcade games. MK1 and 2? Hell yeah. Whens this coming out? Must know what other games are on there.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Also, some games like Smash T.V. could've been a bit better in the sound department; overall, the quality wasn't that clear (SNES was much better IMO). They could've done a better job, especially on the next-gen hardware.
    I knew it. I bought the first collection to give to a friend for Christmas (he loves Smash TV). The game didn't seem as good as the SNES version but I couldn't pinpoint the problem. *-neo

6. My biggest gripe was the sound. I didn't mind the front end, despite its cheesiness, but the difference in how Sinistar sounds in MAME vs how it sounds on the Treasures collection is just wrong. The sound emulation needed serious work that they didn't give it.

Which is why I play these games in MAME even with owning the collection. That, and having a real trackball for Marble Madness.

James

7. They need to have toe original MK Kommercial like the Sega CD version did.

That's the only reason to have the Sega CD version of MK1.

8. According to TeamXbox, Mortal Kombat 3 is in too, with Arch Rivals and Spy Hunter 2.

Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano On The Phone
    This will be the best kompilation ever.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

My cup runneth over.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. GOTY.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico