Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VGXPO - Anyone Going?

1. VGXPO - Anyone Going?

Phillyclassic has a new name this year - VGXPO. I'm heading out and will have a table displaying Jaguar games in development (Gorf, Mad Bodies, Mighty Frog) and new NUON games (Invs, Katapila).

Maganox Odyssey creator Ralph Baer will be there and will be signing his book "Videogames: In the beginning" among other things.

I'm bringing my DS for some multiplayer gaming, and they're going to have PSP and DS meetups. Nintendogs party too, though I don't have that game.

Admission is free and runs from 9-5 that saturday and sunday. Stop by and say hi if you're there.

Oh yeah here's the website: http://www.vgxpo.com
    Last edited by K3V; 12 Oct 2005 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. I'm not sure I dig the new direction, but I'll be there to check out.

EDIT: Free admission? How are they swinging that?

3. Philly is like an hour or so out... and it's free, you might see me there.

4. They're having a Halo 2 tourney - you should get in on that Chux.

Free admission is due to teaming up with the NBC Tech Expo. It's at a much bigger venue this year too, so hopefully that means good things.
    K3V is awesome!

5. LOL this is 10 minutes from my apartment.

Perhaps I'll go.

6. My GF and I will be there. This new teamup will probably kill the 'world's largest videogame flea market' atmosphere of the last few years, but hey, I'll take what I can get. As long as it doesn't eat ass like Digital Life did.

K3V, so you're setting up shop with Len? Hopefully Ralph Baer will be well enough to show up. Wouldn't mind getting something autographed by the dude.

7. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    My GF and I will be there. This new teamup will probably kill the 'world's largest videogame flea market' atmosphere of the last few years
    That was actually cool for the first few years because there was a ton of great, really rare stuff you could get. But after 3 years the cool shit was picked clean.

8. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    My GF and I will be there. This new teamup will probably kill the 'world's largest videogame flea market' atmosphere of the last few years, but hey, I'll take what I can get. As long as it doesn't eat ass like Digital Life did.

K3V, so you're setting up shop with Len? Hopefully Ralph Baer will be well enough to show up. Wouldn't mind getting something autographed by the dude.
    No I'm going to have my own table, with the guys from 3D Stooges/Force Design who are working on homebrew Jaguar games. I'm really looking forward to meeting Ralph Baer, though - I really hope he can make it too. He was supposed to be at PhillyClassic last year but couldn't due to health reasons. I did get to check out his reproduction of the "Brown Box" though which was really neat.

I edited the first post so it doesn't seem like Mr. Baer will be at my table
    K3V is awesome!

9. Shit, I'll go for the halo 2 tourney... I'll probably get owned but hell, it'll be fun.

10. I'll be there for sure. The only Philly Classic I've missed was the first one. The first couple of years were great, last year was a bit weak. I'll be sure to stop by and say what's up.
    Last edited by Glass Joe; 12 Oct 2005 at 05:56 PM.