Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway Arcade Treasures Vol. 2

1. Midway Arcade Treasures Vol. 2

From GAMESPOT:

More Midway Arcade Treasures unearthed
    Second classic compilation will include the original Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Narc, Total Carnage, and more.

The retro-game craze continued today at the 2004 Midway Gamer's Day in Las Vegas. During one of the presentations, representatives of the publisher revealed there will be a sequel to its popular Midway Arcade Treasures.

The second classic compilation will feature more recent games than the first, including the original Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, NARC, and Total Carnage.
    I was hoping they'd put out a second one, since the first one did fairly well. Hopefully they'll put more of an effort into the extras and GUI this time.

2. Midway vol1 is one of my five favorite games on Xbox (and I totally own all of you at Paperboy by the way) and I am psyched for this one.

They better keep Live support!

If God loves me, it'll have head to head Live play for the MK games.

3. God hates you.

4. Total Carnage? I played the shit out of that game at a local arcade. Wonder if it is fun as it used to be. But yeah, this could be worth buying at 10 or 20.

Damn it.

Couldn't they have kept the MK shit seperate from the games that are worth buying?

I mean I'll probably get this when it shows up but I hate the idea of exchanging my money for any Mortal Kombat products, or any product that they are related with. I've spent the last decade successfully avoiding spending a cent on any MK item (game, movie, or otherwise) and I'd like that streak to continue.

Aside from the very poor emulation of Blaster, the first compilation was good stuff. I hope they don't skimp on the number of games for this one just because these games are newer.

7. I'm actually looking forward to an arcade perfect port of MKII.

8. It's about damn time! This is an instant purchase. I hope they'll squeeze some other games in there too, as well as developer interviews.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I'm actually looking forward to an arcade perfect port of MKII.
    Well, it won't be, since the game'll almost certainly be running in a high-res and filtered (!) screen mode like the Vol. 1 games were.

It'll probably be as close as we'll ever get though, barring any emulation snafus.

10. GOTY!
    Play Guitar Hero //