Thread: Potential Scammer Resource Thread

1. Yuck Potential Scammer Resource Thread

I've made this thread so members can have a quick and easy way to learn about those with whom they're trading. The aim is to provide a quick and easy resource about potential scammers. Judgement is not being passed on anyone. That is instead for each member to do before they commit to a trade or sale of any kind.

Hopefully, this will aid in ensuring the continued reliability and friendliness TNL members are known for when trading.

The links below are to threads about bad trades members have had so far. Please take the time to read them. I will add more links as they are posted.

Johnny Nighttrain (aka Lucas Barton):

- SHINgO's experience wiith Johnny Nighttrain (aka Lucas Barton). Unresolved

Luke:

- Plik's experience with LUKE Unresolved

NGEFreek:

- My experience with NGEFreek. Resolved

Speed Racer:

- Shapermc's experience with Speed Racer. Unresolved

Tojo:

- Hayato42's experience with Tojo. Unresolved

Luke and NGEFreak haven't been here for months. That's a good thing I suppose.

I think it would be neat if someone has a bad trader report and nothing is resolved they should be banned from TD for life.

Melf it would be nice if you could make some sort of easy quick reference for Good Traders, as some of them are quite old and have to be searched for.

3. As I was searching for the links I found that many threads were posted by the same people and it really does clutter the board up. I personally decided to consolidate all my trades in one handy thread. Perhaps the ideal thing would be for members to edit their own threads the same way, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Let me see what can be done and I'll get back to you here.

4. If I can make a friendly suggestion, I think this thread can get pretty cluttered especially if you let people post as they see fit. Also that first post can get pretty cluttered if you keep adding to it but letting people add in later posts can get confusing and make it difficult to find a specific user. I'm not sure what can be done to make it easier but I'm sure we can figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Please PM me when you start a thread reporting someone as a bad trader so yada yada yada

blah blah disclaimer blah blah No judgement being passed blah blah...

Lucas Barton
    - SHINgO's experience. - No resolution
    - Psuedo Nym's experience.- No resolution

Tojo
    - Hayato42's experience.- No resolution
    - Psuedo Nym's experience.- Resolved

and so on.
    How's this, it gives the names in a specific color so it's easier to see if someone you want to trade with has had any past incidents and gives a link for each altercation that was reported. I think it's also important to list whether the issues were resolved in some form just so people who only look at this and think of it as a scarlet letter can see that something was done. Finally I think you should encourage people to PM you when starting a thread just so you can monitor it and add it if neccesary. Just a few thoughts anyhow.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ShineAqua
    How's this, it gives the names in a specific color so it's easier to see if someone you want to trade with has had any past incidents and gives a link for each altercation that was reported. I think it's also important to list whether the issues were resolved in some form just so people who only look at this and think of it as a scarlet letter can see that something was done. Finally I think you should encourage people to PM you when starting a thread just so you can monitor it and add it if neccesary. Just a few thought anyhow.
    that's actually pretty good. nice work there, Shine.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    As I was searching for the links I found that many threads were posted by the same people and it really does clutter the board up. I personally decided to consolidate all my trades in one handy thread. Perhaps the ideal thing would be for members to edit their own threads the same way, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Let me see what can be done and I'll get back to you here.
    Well at the risk of making yourself look like an Uber Nazi mod, you could always limit everyone to one thread only in the feedback forum, with special permission needed to start one that reports someone as a scammer. Though that could get pretty odd as well. Sill it'll make it easier to navigate.

7. Those are all excellent suggestions Shine and I especially like the idea of labeling each situation as either resolved or unresloved. I think the best thing to do would be to close this thread and leave it stickied (there's that word again!). Members can create their own threads to discuss each individual situation and I'll link to them here in the initial post.

Sorry if I seem to be stumbling a bit but this is a work in progress and I want to take in as much member feedback as possible.