Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live content that's MIA...

1. Yield Xbox Live content that's MIA...

Playing through KOTOR for the second time, I realized that the DL content for this game never materialized. Neither has any for PGR2 (which was supposed to come out around Christmas). PSO has been agonizingly slow with its content but at least new quests have been posted (the NIGHTS one was pretty cool).

What's going on? R6 Three got some new maps, as did Counter Strike. Crimson Skies has gotten its share. Heck, even SWON has a crapload with more to come.

Where's my KOTOR content?! Where are my new cars?!

Bizarre Creations has said they have yet to decided if they are gonna do DL content. So it could be awhile. The empty showrooms are a horrible cock tease. =(

3. You mean they might not even include any? That would suck big time. PGR2 screams for new cars and tracks.

4. It's bullshit they can advertise downloadable content as a feature for some of these games, and then not deliver. Guess it's not very shocking in the end though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    It's bullshit they can advertise downloadable content as a feature for some of these games, and then not deliver. Guess it's not very shocking in the end though.
    Yeah! How dare they not support downloadable content for free!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    Yeah! How dare they not support downloadable content for free!
    Nobody said anything about money. They put "downloadable content" on the back of the box (see: KOTOR) and offer none. You don't see the problem there?

Think hard now.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Nobody said anything about money. They put "downloadable content" on the back of the box (see: KOTOR) and offer none. You don't see the problem there?

Think hard now.
    But the thing is they would be seeing how many of the people who actually bought the game before they think it is worth updating. Until enough people subscribe to XBL and/or buy the game, they won't care as they are pissing off a minority(people with XBL) within a minority(with the game aswell). From a business stand point, it won't matter in the long run if they deliver or not on these promises.

Think of the business side of gaming as political, and it would all make sense.

8. Again, while I can understand what you said there, I'm not talking about money or business here... I'm talking about game content.

It shouldn't be: "We'll include downloadable content (that's advertised on the box) if enough people buy our game!"

It should be: "Our box lists downloadable content, we'll produce at least a few things to make good on our claim."

9. The notation on the back of the box just means that there are plans for DLable content or that the game supports it. It's not a promise. If developers had content ready to go at release, it would be coded into the game.

No one buys a game because it might have DLable content in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    No one buys a game because it might have DLable content in the future.
    Yeah, nobody would buy a game if they were under the impression the developer would provide new cars and tracks down the road... that's silly!