Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Otakon 2k4

1. Question Otakon 2k4

http://www.otakon.com

Yeah, I'm starting this up early this year.
    You guys know the drill by now. Hotels are up, and pre-reg info... well... isn't yet.
    Who's going?

Personally, I'm quite excited about this year. I won't have to argue with a girlfriend, won't have to take $20 worth of cab rides every day, and won't have to deal with any "Boo-hoo! I lost the costume contest! My sad level of devotion isn't as large as the winner, so I'll hide in the bathroom for 6 hours!" garbage.

2. I was really thinking about creating this thread, since I'm already in talks with ShinMyk about what we're gonna do... This year can only be better than last year, so I'm lookin forward to it.

3. Last night I gave a friend of mine the duty of booking hotels and getting money together for my friends and I since I was in charge of that for the past three years.

I really hope this year is better than last year, some more tuff to do and such, but then again I have hardly watched any anime at all this past year. Don't know why. But I'll still be there to make fun of the otaku. It has to be done, And it is my duty.

4. Couple of my buddies and I got reservations at the Radisson. We stayed at the Tremont last year and it was a bitch to walk back and forth, we had to be ninja-like to evade the bloodthirsty bums.

I underestimated the dealers room, I'll be bringing a shit load of cash this time around.

And why do I have a feeling that the number of naruto cosplayers will triple that of last year's Otakon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. 2K4 will be my 8th Otakon. My interest in anime has been falling steadily since 1997...mainly due to the lack of $$ for anime.

6. I doubt I'll buy much at all this year at Otakon, the only series that I'm even remotely interested in now is Azumanga Daioh and GITS Stand Alone Complex. I've just been too busy for the stuff I guess, I mean I have DVDs from last Otakon I still haven't watched.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    But I'll still be there to make fun of the otaku. It has to be done, And it is my duty.
    Godspeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa
    Couple of my buddies and I got reservations at the Radisson. We stayed at the Tremont last year and it was a bitch to walk back and forth, we had to be ninja-like to evade the bloodthirsty bums.
    Heh. The Tremont. That's where I stayed in my first year, 2002. That IS a bitch. Place isn't all that bad, though. Small rooms. I'm in the Biltmore this year, which is slightly closer.

8. I need to start tormenting the Otakon forum again this year. I got death threats last year, it was great.

9. The truth. They couldn't handle it.

They would talk about how great some anime was. And then I would tell them that it was terrible. They would talk in nani baka ^_^ kawaii talk, and I would ridicule them, bash cosplaying, very minor stuff. Drove them nuts though.

Here are some PMs I got from some very unhappy people. This one is when I wanted to ignore someone but there is no ignore feature.

Hey, there's this secret ignore feature on the boards I thought id' tell you about that'll solve all your problems. You won't have to deal with anymore of these greasy annoying otakus, for which you claim you don't want to mingle with.

Ready? here it is.

It's called: never-logging-on-to-the-boards-again-and-getting-your-sorry-ass-out-of-my-face.

Give it a try, it will work wonders.
    Then from the same guy after I sent him a PM back,
    Just so you know, I just deleted your message without even reading it. Know why? Cause I said i'm not gonna talk to your sorry ass again, and I ment it. I also suggest you stop replying to ANY of my posts if you don't want this to happen again. And if it does happen again, YOU will be the one to go, not me. Know why? The mods are my friends. Personal friends i've known for years, and when it gets down to it, they are gonna stay on my side.

If you really want to stay on the boards to torment people, listen to my words.

bye bye"
    The mods later took my side and he got so frustrated he never posted again.