Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paper Mario or Mario RPG

Paper Mario or Mario RPG

I have played both and I have to say I enjoyed the SNES Mario rpg more. I loved the timed button pressing,hiding behind curtins the forest maze the music and the cameos!

When I say Pearls does anyone know what I mean?

Paper Mario was good but only one helper in your party at a time? I liked the mini cooking game and stealth sequences.

Which do you enjoy?

Korian

Andy787 Guest
    I loved them both, but to me, Mario RPG was much better. That game was just brilliant, it gave me such a warm, happy feeling inside*

*is not a telletubby

3. Both are excellent. But Paper Mario has the edge in terms of gameplay, in my opinion.

4. I've gotta throw my vote in for Paper Mario as well. Great game, and kept me playing until the end, unlike Mario RPG which I have still yet to complete, despite owning the game longer.

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

by rpg standerds both are pretty short I loved the SNES music on Mario Rpg.

Korian

6. I agree, Mario RPG's music is excellent, so I will go a little off topic and advertise a site:

If you haven't seen it, Zophar's Domain has SNES soundtracks in SNES form, with players. So you can get the Mario RPG soundtrack from that site.

An interesting trivia bit: Earthbound has the largest SNES soundtrack.

7. Paper Mario is quite possibly the most original RPG I've played in terms of gameplay, plus I find it a good deal more humorous than Mario RPG. Paper Mario wins by a long shot IMO.

8. I like Paper Mario

9. I love 'em both.

But I think I might like Paper Mario more just 'cause of its "non-traditionalness" and it just oozes style.

The "paper-thin" gimmick is just too sweet imho.

Heh, I think my friend and I had my mom figure out the pearl bit