Thread: Program to recover lost (deleted) files

1. Program to recover lost (deleted) files

Sharing is caring.

If anyone accidently, oh, say, formats one of their harddrives - heh - http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm this little tool will pWN!! your Recycle Bin and save your ass.

It just recovered mine from a deleted NTFS partition.

It's a longish story and pretty uninteresting, but I managed to recover my collection of mp3s and webpage files along with some other crap; about 40GB in all recovered. I used it after I *just* realized my error (saw an abnormal amount of free space on drive E: ) and hadn't overwritten any of the files yet - had I done so they'd be long gone. This little program is reccommended 100%. It even comes with a teaser demo that shows the files it can recover and will do 64kb of each one just to prove it.

Here's a blurb from the site for those too lazy (busy?) to click,

Quote Originally Posted by www.quetek.com
    About File Scavenger™

File Scavenger ™ is the most comprehensive, award-winning file undelete and data recovery utility for NTFS volumes on Windows XP®, Windows 2000® or Windows NT®. File Scavenger™ can recover files accidentally deleted, including files removed from the Recycle Bin, in a DOS window, from a network drive, from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down, provided that recovery is attempted before the files are permanently overwritten by new data. File Scavenger™ supports both basic and dynamic disks, NTFS compression, alternate data streams, sparse files, Unicode filenames, etc. Except in severe cases, both the file and the folder path leading to the file can be recovered. English and German versions are available. (However, sales and technical support are available only in English.)
    Yay.

(reposted from the "Computer Help" thread so someone might actually see it)

EDIT: stupid smilie colon paranthesis crap : )

2. Thanks!

3. No Mac version?

4. I was hoping it was free for a second, but it would probably be worth it to invest in this program.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453