Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

1. Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

I'm suprised that there isn't a LOC thread on the matchmaking board yet!

I think it would be awesome to set up some kind of regular TNL meeting to tackle LOC as a team.

2. i can be on at 11:45pm eastern, as i work super-late. does that work for anyone else?

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i can be on at 11:45pm eastern, as i work super-late. does that work for anyone else?
    I'll be consistently on around that time. You camping bastard.

Edit -- This is assuming that I don't get completely sucked in the Ninja Gaiden over the next few days.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

4. hmm. after spending some time with steel battalion, i realize that i have no hope of surviving in a multiplayer game until i get (a lot) more practice. and i just picked up ninja gaiden. i'll see you all online, but it'll be a few days.

in other news, i've been reading some crazy stuff about the constant network trouble. looks like capcom really fucked up the net code. like, i can consistently host 12 player games in rainbow six 3, but according to a diagram i got from a gaming age thread, the biggest battle i can participate in (without being auto-kicked) is 3 on 3. which sucks. like, totally.

5. i'll be on around 10 central every night for the forseable future, and a lot during the day if i'm not working.
    You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy...

6. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    in other news, i've been reading some crazy stuff about the constant network trouble. looks like capcom really fucked up the net code. like, i can consistently host 12 player games in rainbow six 3, but according to a diagram i got from a gaming age thread, the biggest battle i can participate in (without being auto-kicked) is 3 on 3. which sucks. like, totally.

According to the chatter within LOC and the Capcom forums, Capcom is finally doing something about this, and is shutting down the LOC servers at 9 AM CST. They will be down for 1-2 hours and will be fixing many of the problems that players have been experiencing.

In other news, some new VTs have been appearing on the battlefields. Last night I had a Scare Face on my team...complete with sniper rifle. I also think that there are more snipers out there now, since I got pwned and never saw what killed me. Damn HSD assholes...

7. Icepick gave me his Steel Battalion, so I might be picking LOC up, I'm gonna give SP a whirl and decide after that.

8. I've noticed that there are less lag and connection problems overall lately. 4v4 matches are becomming more common as well.

9. Would you say that at any given time, it's easy to find a match? That's the only one negative thing I've heard about the game, from reviews and such, wouldn't mind having a players perspective about it before I get it.

10. honestly, if you already have steel battalion and xbox live, i can't think of a reason why you wouldn't pick this game up. it's the only other game that actually uses the damn controller.)

anyway, i finally finished ninja gaiden and metal gear, so i'm going to be playing steel battalion. i'm pretty terrible as is, but i'll be online as soon as i get decent.