Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Crawlers!

1. Didn't the fans of the KF franchise strike down upon the psp port? I'll check out Monster Hunter (ps2) if i get the chance. I don't think I will invest a psp. (I'm all set with Zodiac II + Nethack).

2. Yeah, I think I posted that about KF PSP being dissed even by KF fans. I think I got this feeling from gamefaqs, either from reviews or posts on the board. But I ended up getting it for cheap, and I think it's really cool. If you don't mind the old-school style of step-based dungeon crawling (think Phantasy Star), as opposed to KF's usual style of a full open world, I don't see any major problems. I just hate not understanding any of the text, and having to consult a walkthrough for every little thing. But, eh, you don't have a PSP so you couldn't care less about any of this I guess.

Nethack is too primitive and cruel for me, I must admit.

I haven't played a single minute of Nethack since I started a game on the better Wizard mode and still have yet to cheat-finish the game. If you genocide enough species, y'know what's left? All the crap that's tougher to kill and surrounds you on the four planes. Fighting against 100 trolls and black slimes might be hellish but I guarantee it's better than fighting against 100 demons and Archons.

I am completely disheartened by discovering that it is impossible to beat Nethack by just killing everything in your path as you progress to the end.

Anyone who likes Diablo-type games needs to play Titan Quest. It is easily the best of its breed (including Diablo).

Older dungeon crawls on consoles I liked were Dungeon Explorer II and Brandish, and I had a lot of fun with Slayer on 3DO, though I imagine it is unplayable now.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

5. Etrian Odyssey. First person dungeon crawl for DS that Atlus is releasing in May. You map out the dungeons yourself on the touch screen. Supposed to be very good and very difficult. Google it.

6. Etrian Odyssey looks cool. The first time I'd heard of it was an ad on the back of this month's Play.

As for Titan Quest... well, if you don't have anything nice to say...

I must say that Wizardry on PS2 is awesome... and nearly as awesome as the PC games. If you haven't played Wizardry 8 on PC, you really should.

8. I missed my chance when it was like $10 at Best Buy. I kept thinking, bah, I'll buy it later, I still have to finish Might & Magic VII and VIII.

Now it's crazy expensive on ebay. T^T

[edit]: Just checked, and it's not nearly as bad as it was. Between $40-50 used.
    Last edited by Compass; 09 Apr 2007 at 05:47 PM.

I wish I could find all my wizardry 8 discs.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    Say, does dnd heroes work on xbox 360? It's not listed on the official list...
    Unfortunately, it doesn't. This is one of my favorite Xbox games, and MS still hasn't made it BC.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I must say that Wizardry on PS2 is awesome... and nearly as awesome as the PC games. If you haven't played Wizardry 8 on PC, you really should.
    There are a few copies at my local EB for only $20 used. I've been meaning to try this one out, so I'll pick one up on pay day.