Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Crawlers!

I hope that The Bard's Tale shows upon BC before D&D Heroes. Just to annoy Dakidski.

2. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I'm running in 1280x800 and I haven't had BG2 crash once.

Haven't tested with anything higher, mostly because it becomes too hard to see what's going on.
    As I've stated before, I don't think the Infinity Engine comes into its own until 1280x1024 and above. Icewind Dale at 1600x1200 will make you think you died and went to heaven. I don't have a problem with things being too small. I have a big monitor and I sit fairly close I guess.

But yes, it sounds like the bug is fixed. I'll try it this weekend and find out for sure. 'Twould be great since I only surfaced out of the first dungeon in BGII before stopping due to being annoyed at having to play in (to me) low resolutions (I was spoiled by IWD).

3. i think it may be time to finally give these games a whirl. everyone seems to say nothing but good abput Planescape so i assume i should try that first? it seems hit or miss with the Baldurs Gate games.

4. Check metacritic for the Baldurs Gate series. They all got mad scores.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

5. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I hope that The Bard's Tale shows upon BC before D&D Heroes. Just to annoy Dakidski.
    heh, I still haven't gotten rid of my ps2 pal version of Bard's Tale. It's like a curse!
    nocturne:

6. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    heh, I still haven't gotten rid of my ps2 pal version of Bard's Tale. It's like a curse!
    I still have my PS2 version as well. I'd like to get the PC version, that includes the original trilogy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    That Infinity Engine widescreen mod is incredible. I just reinstalled Baldur's Gate 2.
    Do you also need to install some seperate WeiDU mod for the widescreen mod to work, or is it included?
    nocturne:

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I wish JLH was BC on 360.
    Um...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    i think it may be time to finally give these games a whirl. everyone seems to say nothing but good abput Planescape so i assume i should try that first? it seems hit or miss with the Baldurs Gate games.
    I haven't played the first, so I can't comment on it, but Balder's Gate 2 is an amazing, enormous game that I think is better than Torment by every unit of measure (but not by much). However, Torment gets my vote simply because I find the setting and atmosphere far cooler.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I haven't played the first, so I can't comment on it, but Balder's Gate 2 is an amazing, enormous game that I think is better than Torment by every unit of measure (but not by much). However, Torment gets my vote simply because I find the setting and atmosphere far cooler.
    What about the unit of measure that considers the quality of writing? What about that one?!