Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Crawlers!

1. even amongst the people who "get" these kinds of games though.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    Wizardry Saga is also out on PC and PSX. It looks interesting. Any of you yanks playing Baroque on ps2?
    Still waiting for Baroque to arrive. Just 'acquired' Wizardry for Saturn. Might try it.

3. please do and report back.

4. Baroque won't be out in Europe until June 6th, but so far I only heard positive. (dirtysouth, get your ass in here and relay your impressions)
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

5. I 'played' Wizardry for a few minutes, just to see if it worked. I normally don't play these games, so the fact that it was all played through menus, on the Saturn, came as a surprise. I assume it gets better than just exploring a map, block by block, opening doors, being informed of 'encounters' and choosing to fight, parry or run. Maybe it doesn't get better than that.

6. So is everything in english, or just parts?

7. Almost verything I played was in English. The options menu allows you to change different aspects from Japanese to English - menus, messages, enemy names etc. So you can play partly in English, if you want.

The only Japanese bits I came across were the Katakana names for your teammates. But you can create a character and name him in English.

I don't know why there's a 3D view in the game, though. You could just as easily play using the map alone.

8. So is it worth hunting down? It seems rarer than rare.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

9. I know where I can get it for $50, but I'm still debating...

10. As well as the three quests you get an enemy museum and a weapon museum. Each is split into sections corresponding to each game. I think you have to encounter the enemies and weapons before you can view them. These museums seem to be in Japanese only, probably because they are new features to the game.

There's a fourth, bonus dungeon. I haven't played that, but if it's an additional feature it might be in Japanese only. I'll check.

Your companions' names are Japanese by default, but you can change them.

Still waiting on Baroque.