It was cliche and predictable...

But I had to say it.

(not to mention it's true too!)

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    Shining the Holy Ark
    < Shining in the Darkness.
    o_O

3. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    'Record of Lodoss War' beats the three of them though, as the world is huge and plentiful of sidequests. I don't know why, but it reminds me of playing 'Fairy Tale Adventure' on the good old Commodore Amiga.
    I really like RoLW but sometimes the monster gang-bang attack can be really frustrating. I guess I need to level up some more with the sandworms.

D&D Heroes is freakin' amazing, however. The atmosphere, music, customization (not on par with RoLW but excellent nonetheless) are all wonderful. Last night I ended up playing until 3AM. The Frost Worm will be owned tonight!

4. Yeah, keep killing those desert worms. The levels will flow like water.

Lodoss is really unbalanced, though. The ice caves near the end are fucking brutal until you've leveled up so much that you're a god. And that last boss ... yikes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    Shining the Holy Ark>Shining in the Darkness.

There, I fixed it for you.

6. Melf: According to some gamefaq I read; you aren't supposed to be able to destroy those sandworms before you reach the higher xp levels near the very end of the game, hence they should be avoided at all costs. Yummy, my DC RGB cable just popped in the the mailbox, time to play Rolw again. I wonder if it looks better than my vgabox's s-vhs output?

7. I'm high enough to slaughter the ones in the desert, but the dungeon sandworms eat me alive.

8. Well I picked up Diablo for PC today. It only cost me $15 new and I figured "what the heck." I like the fact that it's very easy to install (I'm not really a PC gamer, mind you) but was surprised to find that everything can be controlled with just the mouse. I'd have preferred a game pad but control is more than simple enough for playing. I haven't gone online with it yet, though. Are there still many people playing?

I'll probably pick up Diablo II when I get paid next week, as my local GS is the only place that has it and they only have one left (it's on hold).

Question: Do the PC Baldur's Gate games play like Dark Alliance or are they like Diablo?

9. The PC BG games are like none of the above. You have a party of several characters that you can micromanage to a ridiculous degree. Most of the interface is mouse-based.

I tried Diablo back in 2000 but the latest patch would not install on my machine (known Diablo bug, and the fix didn't work), so I couldn't play online. :/

10. Haha. RoLW

Regarding RoLW:

If you're having trouble with the final boss don't even bother trying to do the Ice Caves. The last few sections of the game become absolutely soul-destroying and only the beefiest of beefy characters will make it through. Not to mention there's two Dragons to kill(The two hardest enemies in the game at that).

I really dug the game, but it's the biggest level up whore around. Trying to raise all that money drove me to the point of insanity(It gets really bad when you slunk around the Ice caves mining for dough, walking out with 50,000 then spending it all in less than a minute for a couple STR upgrades.

And I seriously need to check out King's Field now, that sounds really cool.

And if you can get past the bugs, Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall can become extremely engrossing in it's dungeons(Since finishing quests can gain you houses, gobs of money, extra abilities, etc etc etc). And since you can visit different countries in the game you can develop a different personality for each one. Like being a hero in one country, a thief in another(Borrow huge amounts of money from banks and make a run for it), and an assassin in the last. Even with the bugs(And well a few cheats sometimes ) I threw an absurd number of hours away.

Oh and this'll have me at odds with the rest of the forum but...
    Phantasy Star Online > Diablo 2. There, I said it.
    Granted there is a huge amount of customization and excellent weapons/etc to collect/use in D2( I should know, I've thrown about 300 hours total into the game using all 7 characters) but PSO was just more fun.

Gotta check out King's Field now however. Guess I'll start with KF2 and go from there(My local gamestore has like three copies lying around). Thanks for the recommendation.