Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Crawlers!

1. Melf -

Hope you Champions of Norrath reached you ok. If you like the first DA, at all, you're going to LOVE this one.

I absoulutely love this game. Tons of armor and weapons, lots of customability to them through gems and such, and your character changes with almost every piece of armor. The quest is really long so far (5 acts, and the first 2 acts have been pretty long), and 5 playable characters. Randomized dungeons are cool, too, give it more replayability

It's definately awesome, but not without it's glitches. There's a pause before the characters start speaking, and it's long enough I can usually read all the words before they even being to speak. Plus, the music takes awhile to recycle itself, so once it ends it'll take about 1-2 minutes to start back up again

Other than that though, I'm having a blast, it feels like a more fleshed out Diablo 2 single player game in an Everquest world (which is a cool world even if you know nothing about it, like me), and I think you'll really going to love it, and everyone one else who has an interest in dungeon crawlers.

The first act is VERY generic, but the second act definately picks up in terms of getting more varied. I recommend this game to everyone who loved DA (And because I was too lazy to send Melf a PM about how cool this game is, so now all of you can see it, lol)
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Roufuss: Thanks for sharing this info. Now I'll get it as well. I heard alot of good stuff about it so far.

3. If you want a challenge, don't play as the Barbarian, as that class is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpowered.

4. I got the game today (thanks Roufuss!) and started as a high cleric. I like the fact that it plays almost exactly like D&D Heroes, so I was able to dive right in. I haven't gone online yet, as I want to beef up my character a bit. I'm in the goblin cave right now and haven't found many special items.

I've been giving those apples hell though!

5. Champions of Norrath... no Xbox port!?? GAH!
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

6. It's published by Sony so I doubt we'll a port anywhere. Still a great game though!

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Level Six of the Cave of Cold, eh? That's EXACTLY where I stopped playing a few years ago. There's damn near no way to get past all that petrification.
    Great game, otherwise, though.
    Heh.
    I must've meant Level 7, 'cause that's where I was when I booted the game up to show my friends how tough it is.
    Then, I went up to Level 6 again, and found out that THERE'S A WARP THAT LEADS DIRECTLY TO LEVEL 8 where the enemies are easy again!
    Needless to say, I just beat it, and now I feel a lot better about the game.

8. Well, my copy is now in a thousand pieces so...

Bleh, I never want to see that game again.

9. ChaoofNee: congrats on beating the game! My game is on hold for now...

Just started Arx Fatalis on Xbox. Played it on PC, but never finished it. God I love that game. Oldschool and 100% cool.

Melf: You bastard! you should have sold the game to me! shame on your for breaking a dreamcast game, its sacrilege! May the DC gods punish you...
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

10. Bumped to recommend 'Wizardry: tales of the forsaken land' on ps2. It's frigging awesome if you are into repacked retrogaming.