Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Shallow End of the Gene Pool: Final Fantasy Super Fan

Yuck The Shallow End of the Gene Pool: Final Fantasy Super Fan

Click at your own peril.

2. Sickening
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

what am I looking at?

4. People liking something and expressing it. Oh noooooooo.
    Donk

5. How is this any different than any other contest based around how obsessive somebody is over a certain fandom?

If anything, TokyoPop's America's Greatest Otaku was ten times worse if only because it was a train wreck of a project started by a train wreck of a man.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    People liking something and expressing it. Oh noooooooo.
    Yeah...it doesn't seem like a terrible thing in and of itself. Given that I've done a bunch of projects just for shit I'm into (art for King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Megaman, and on) I don't think its inherently wrong to want to do something for FF.

Granted, I dislike the general direction of the series since FF8. FF7 was a good enough game, but the story was too self-important and was a sign for things to come. However stuff like X-2 is hilarious for being campy. XIII-2 is Shiny Pokemon Crono Trigger. XII is The Almost Perfect Game...so there are nuggets of stuff still enjoyable. I'm not even mentioning the re-releases of older FF's, Crystal Chronicles, FFT, or 4 Warriors of Light...

I think the reason its so easy to get irate and hate is that the reasons we love(d) Final Fantasy are not the same reasons the younger generations did. But that doesn't remove the fun and quality of the older ones, or negate that sometimes we still get a good FF-brand experience. So the enthusiasm to participate doesn't prove some genetic deficiency as much as Yoshi would like to argue otherwise. People just like shit, and sometimes its different from your shit. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. People who still like Star Wars aren't allowed to make fun of anything else. Ever.
    Donk

8. I have Final Fantasy I - IX on my Vita. It's great.

9. that kingdom hearts thing was worse

e: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0440840&type=1

10. Final Fantasy's Biggest Fan: No One