Thread: Sega Edition Hot Wheels Cars - Weirdness

Grin Sega Edition Hot Wheels Cars - Weirdness

I couldn't find the thread for the Hotwheels Sega Cars, so I hope im not repeating whats already been said.

I recently bought/found 4 out of the 5 cars from Target. (I didnt see the JSR one)

When I opened them I saw something:
    #1. 2 out of the 4 cars had metal (die cast?) bottoms, the others black plastic. The two that had plastic bottoms are: Space Channel 5 and Shinobi.
    #2. The copyright years on the bottom of the cars are different:
    A. Space Channel 5: 2001
    B. Shinobi: 2001
    C. House Of The Dead (metal bottom): 1999
    D. Super Monkey Ball: 1988 ! (and made in Malaysia instead of China)

It seems like these Sega Edition cars are left over/recycled at Hot Wheels, with a new paint job. I find this pretty friggin cool though. The Super Monkey Ball car is very nicely made, as Hot Wheels cars were better made many years ago. If only it had their old style rubber wheels!

Anyone have info on the Jet Set Radio car Copyright/bottom construction?

These cars are really friggin nice, and some, well aged! Go out and find them while you can! Target worked for me!

EDIT: Even weirder. I noticed on the bottom of the metal Super Monkey Ball car there was some gold-ish residue that I was able to scrape off. I remember seeing that stuff on my old hot wheels cars that were metal.

2. You still play with Hot Wheels? Grow up...

Also.. shouldn't this be in the Gaming Discussion part of the forum? Since this doesn't seem to be relating to some special bargain. I would think that it would get better responses in the main forum.

3. *relocated*
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. JSRF=2001-Malaysia

That's the only one I bought. And it's still in the package so I don't lose it.

5. Has anyone ever seen these cars? They're for Mega Man X4. I'd love to get them both but haven't seen them anywhere, ever.

6. I definitely saw those cars online somewhere very recently, but I just can't remember where.

Unless it was in that other Sega Hot Wheels thread.

Any idea who makes those cars?

---

http://www.toyarchive.com/MegaMan/MMX41to24CarMIB1.html

http://www.ediecast.com/products/edvr1.html - looks like you might be able to purchase it.

Good link for MM merchandise you will never own: http://members.fortunecity.com/msiph...n/megaman.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

7. There are some Monkey Ball variants, 3 spokes and 5 spokes. Spare parts cause auctions.