Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda: the Movie?

1. Zelda: the Movie?

http://www.gamers.com/news/1145529

According to our good old friend, Shane, the rights for a Zelda movie are currently negotiations. Unlike, other games that has been adapted into the big screen (including Super Mario Bros. and the upcoming Crazy Taxi), I think the Zelda series actually has a pretty decent premise that could easily be adapted into the big screen without any sacrifice. I hope it doesn't get butchered.

2. I think it could work as an anime, but not live action. Fantasy rarely translates well into live action.

3. i was under the mistaken impression that some things couldn't be desecrated out of peoples' respect..
    i was never a huge fan of the zelda series, but to this day it remains one of the few (mostly) unspoiled game series..

Dear God,
    I'm usually not religious at all, but if there is anything holy in this world, please don't let there be a big-production zelda movie.

Thank you,
    john k
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

4. Originally posted by jcudney
    I think it could work as an anime, but not live action. Fantasy rarely translates well into live action.
    I have to disagree with you. There are several good live-action fantasy films with the most mainstream examples being Lord of the Rings and the Star Wars series (which is NOT Sci-Fi, contrary to popular belief).

5. Jar Jar Link? I think I want to cry...

Lord of the Rings isn't a good example. I think the chances of Zelda getting that sort of huge budget, obessive to detail, sort of production is slim to nill. It could be done well, but I think it would take too much effort for something that's relatively not well known.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Originally posted by Ammadeau
    Jar Jar Link? I think I want to cry...

Lord of the Rings isn't a good example. I think the chances of Zelda getting that sort of huge budget, obessive to detail, sort of production is slim to nill. It could be done well, but I think it would take too much effort for something that's relatively not well known.
    What makes you think that Zelda isn't well known? It's one of Nintendo's best known titles.

7. They could make it like Braveheart... "HYRULE!!!"

Games probably should stay as games and that alone. But if it happens, Zelda is the one thing they shouldn't be allowed to fuck up.

ºTracer
    o_O

8. I think a live action Zelda movie would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

9. Jeez, does no one remember the old Zelda cartoon? There's a travesty right there, betcha the movie couldn't be much worse even if it tried.

10. I hope they do make a movie. Sure, the mario and street fighter movies sucked, but they didn't ruin the games or anything. although zelda is a bit different. it is on a pedestal, so to speak.

in the games, link never talks because the player is link, so to speak. how will that translate into a movie? and what actor is cool enough to pull off playing link? to bad Kubrick is no longer around. Take Barry Lyndon and cross it with Zelda and you'd have a hell of a film.