Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP3 players

1. MP3 players

Simple enough, let's talk about Mp3 players.

Thank god for the ipod. No I don't have one, nor do I want one. So what's so great about it? It forced some major competition in the portable Mp3 player market. And competition is good.

Take a look at this thing from a little company in Minnesota. http://www.soniqcast.com/site/aireo1.html

What's so great about it? Wireless everything! Take it in the car and use the FM transmitter to easily get your tunes without hassle.
    The only problem is that it's only 1.5 gig. A 20 gig version will be out next year. And it's not as sexy looking as an ipod. But then again, what is?

2. I've got the Dell DJ, 15 GB model. It's their first run model, the more oval shaped one than they have now.

It's never let me down, it has a TON of space, and making playlists is really easy. My only gripe is the lack of a stop button. Otherwise, it's also a portable USB hard drive, and it has a mic so you can make voice or anything recordings.

3. iPod mini, gay blue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC
    So what's so great about it? It forced some major competition in the portable Mp3 player market. And competition is good.
    True enough, there's a lot of very cool stuff on the market right now, moreso than ever before. It's kind of funny to look at the players we have now, and think about the Rio PMP300 I had a few years back.

Anyway, I got a 2G 20GB iPod about two years ago, and it's getting closer and closer to full all the time. Despite all the cool mp3 players available, though, it seems more or less obvious to me that the next mp3 player I buy will be, without a doubt, another iPod. The interface and design are perfect. I wasn't too hot about the 4 buttons above the scroll wheel on the 3G iPod, but I'm very glad the 4G iPods have the click wheel that the iPod mini has. It's kind of unreal how much thinner they are now than the one I bought just two years ago.

There are plenty of other options out there for people who're looking for something else, like in the case of wireless stuff, ogg playback, etc... but for me, the iPod works incredibly well and I have no desire to upgrade to anything but something in the same vein.

5. Right now: Samsung Yepp 64 mb [I don't use it, heck I dont even know where it is] pic: http://www.onepc.net/images/docs/111/pic2.jpg

In a month or so: Creative Zen Touch 20 GB. Sweet mercy is it hot. flash demo: http://www.creative.com/products/pro...p?prodid=10274

6. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    In a month or so: Creative Zen Touch 20 GB. Sweet mercy is it hot. flash demo: http://www.creative.com/products/pro...p?prodid=10274
    I don't know why everyone who copies the iPod's look insists on making it less intuitive. The scrolling strip doesn't seem like a bad idea so long as you can hold your finger in place and keep scrolling. However, what does confuse me is why they wouldn't put the OK button in the neutral position between scrolling up and down, instead, they'd put it above the scrolling area altogether. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, Creative has burned me in the past when it comes to Sound Blaster products, with shit customer service and terrible driver support. I hear their mp3 players are nice, but I don't have much interest in buying anything with their name on it ever again.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    I think I'm gonna go for that too.

IPod is too expensive, and I wouldn't trust anything else. Plus Creative is a sound company, so I'd think they could make a good MP3 player. I've heard from various sites that it has better sound quality than the iPod.

Anyone else have other recommendations?
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

8. 15 gig 3rd gen ipod.

It's sex.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. http://www.recommendedbuys.com/elect...ssic-cm800.htm

ignore the price on that page, best fifteen bucks I ever spent.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    I don't know why everyone who copies the iPod's look insists on making it less intuitive. The scrolling strip doesn't seem like a bad idea so long as you can hold your finger in place and keep scrolling. However, what does confuse me is why they wouldn't put the OK button in the neutral position between scrolling up and down, instead, they'd put it above the scrolling area altogether. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, Creative has burned me in the past when it comes to Sound Blaster products, with shit customer service and terrible driver support. I hear their mp3 players are nice, but I don't have much interest in buying anything with their name on it ever again.
    That's cool. But the main reason why I chose the Touch was because it has the exact same features as the regular 20GB ipod, while being a fraction of the size and price. I like the design better and it even costs less then the 4Gig Ipod mini. And it comes with a slew of accessories I'll never use but feel very special just having when an ipod comes with nothing but the charger.

I'll put my faith in them, I've bought two sound cards off of them and I've never had any complaints. I think their mp3 players are the better end of their products, even though they've been making SoundBlaster cards for the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    I think I'm gonna go for that too.

IPod is too expensive, and I wouldn't trust anything else. Plus Creative is a sound company, so I'd think they could make a good MP3 player. I've heard from various sites that it has better sound quality than the iPod.
    That's what I tell everybody. Post it up when you get one.