Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Web design software, etc.

1. Everyone who said it was right, CSS is a must.

It makes a traditional table layout it's bitch.

http://www.csszengarden.com has some good examples of what's possible.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Outside of calculating integrals in polar form (in which the problems in textbooks are invariably laid out so they all end up having to do with cos^2+sin^2) writing the open and close tags for each cell is the most tedious thing I can think of doing.
    See, call me insane, but I love doing that. However, I'm one of those people who loves to write a few lines of code, save, and then go see what I've got, even if the change was miniscule. I like the feeling of building the HTML piece by piece, because I feel more like I've accomplished something.

And yes, honestly, I DO have a life.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. It doesn't matter how you accomplished something as long as you accomplished it. If I came to you and diffx with 5,000 dollars for you to create a standard website for me, no CSS outside of style sheets for type (which you would use anyway if you weren't an idiot), and you took 5 days and he took 3 - 4 days, I'd hire him.

It's a competitive market. Taking short cuts with marginal to no effects to the end product makes you a better artist in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."