Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any fans of games that aren't really games?

PC Any fans of games that aren't really games?

You know everyone's played one at one time. Seaman, Aquanauts Holiday, a FMV with little or no actual gameplay. Or how about a Digital Comic?

I enjoy them in small doses, as long as I have traditonal games to balance this genre out.

I had a great time with Seaman.

2. Xenosaga was a great movie.

3. Seaman was the one that popped to mind from the thread's title. RC Stunt Coptor is worth mentioning too.

4. game ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gm)
    n.
    1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime:
    I'd say they're all games. They're different from most, but still games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    Xenosaga was a great movie.
    Hey damnit, it was a decent enough game too.

I enjoyed a bunch of those FMV games back when Sega CD came out... I don't think that'd be the case anymore though. Ground Zero Texas and Double Switch probably aren't very fun anymore. I'd still consider those games though, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    Xenosaga was a great movie.
    Damn it! I was going to use Final Fantasy X myself.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    I'd say they're all games. They're different from most, but still games.
    So is a movie a game?

They're decidedly purposeless and don't involve real challenge, so they're more like... toys or movies or books.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Hey damnit, it was a decent enough game too.
    Oh, I know it was. I'm also eagerly awaiting the next one. But something must be said of a game where you can divide the cutscenes and exploration segments into a 26 episode series (I forget where I saw it, but it was available for download somewhere).

9. Animal Crossing

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    So is a movie a game?

They're decidedly purposeless and don't involve real challenge, so they're more like... toys or movies or books.
    A movie can be a game if you add an interactive element into it. They're not really purposeless though, that's the thing. There's a specific goal to each of them, be it raising a seaman or getting to the end of the movie.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.