Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up Fast Food

Giving up Fast Food

Fast Food is sort of a weakness of mine it's quick, cheap and often times tasty. I've conisdered quiting all together but I'd rather do moderation than quit. Sometimes you end up with Friends who wanna eat at one, and it's hard just to watch. I have been doing Subway a bit since I can get a lighter meal, but still it's hard to think of giving up completly.

Anyone not eat at Fast Food at all?

2. ive pretty much banned fast food. mostly because it all runs thru me china buffet style. i notice now whenever i HAVE to get some i feel really sluggish and bloated,

3. I've been on a hard diet this past month, and it includes giving up soda, fast food, and most desserts. I also eat one meal a day and replace the rest with diet supplements. It's fucking harsh, but it's also showing results.

And fast food can be a weakness, but mostly I eat it out of boredom. My friends are a good source of temptation. Whenever there's a lull in our hangouts, some ass has to suggest getting White Castle.

4. A few years ago I quit fast food pretty much alltogether for about a year, but then I slipped back into it because I was tired of making my own lunches. It's really not that hard, and a shit load better for you in the end.

I say this right as I'm walking out the door to get fast food by the way.

5. Since I've been at college, I've hardly eaten fast food at all. That's not to say I've eaten well, mind you. Lots of Dinty Moore beef stew and lots of ramen. I'm not a huge fan of the big three fast food chains. McDonalds is nasty, Wendy's is OK, so is Burger King. We don't have a KFC nearby that I know of here in Boston, and the only Taco Bell I've seen is in the CambridgeSide Galleria. For a little more money I could go to Steve's on Newbury St. for quality gyros, or Boston Shawarma on Huntington for great Middle Eastern food. Lots of other options here.

That said, the other night I had a killer craving for Wendy's chicken nuggets, so I got some. It was a good meal.

Since I'm leaving for PA for Spring Break tomorrow, I think I'm going to hit Boston Shawarma again tonight to get my fill of it before I go home.

But back to the subject at hand, I don't think giving up fast food is too hard... the way you feel after eating it should be incentive to stop eating it, anyway. Whenever I choke down some McDonalds out of convenience, it really feels like I ate something that wasn't meant for consumption.

6. As long as In and Out Burger is still in business and I live a block away from one... Im not giving up fast food.

But I have given up fast food for a long period of time... eh its not a big deal. There's nothing wrong with it in moderation.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    As long as In and Out Burger is still in business and I live a block away from one... Im not giving up fast food.

But I have given up fast food for a long period of time... eh its not a big deal. There's nothing wrong with it in moderation.
    In' N' Out is one of the few fast food places, that I don't feel like utter shit after eating there. Good stuff.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    As long as In and Out Burger is still in business and I live a block away from one... Im not giving up fast food.
    Amen.

And you're a lucky bastard. The closest In & Out to me is 2 miles away.

I've tried, but I have no will. So I try to cut down as much as possible...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. i wish we still had a boston market here. i worked at it for 2 years as the cook. so much food never made it to the counter