Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swan Crystal released, will Nintendo look back at their mistake?

1. Re: Swan Crystal released, will Nintendo look back at their mistake?

Originally posted by Phire
    The new Wonderswans have been announced and will probably feature a backlit LCD, Although Wonderswan is mostly only Japanese software it will still hit Nintendo bad in Japan.
    Umm... I've looked around Bandai's WS page & other Japanese VG news sites reported Swan Crystal, but there wasn't a single mention of new model having backlit screen. It sounds more like they've finally upgraded WSC's crappy blurry screen to GBA standards (reflective color TFT).
    I'm not fan of GBA screen either, but gotta get your facts straight before mentioning something like that...

2. The only display feature being changed with WS Crystal is a better LCD display, unfortunately, it will not be backlit.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the post already

3. that crystal swan looks cool. i was thinking the exact same thing about turning it vertically for shooters.

however, like some of you guys stated earlier, that d-pad is horrible (because of the raise in the middle). also, i think the two buttons are way too small.

4. "Although Wonderswan is mostly only Japanese software it will still hit Nintendo bad in Japan."

I don't care who does what with handhelds, Nintendo will always dominate the handheld market, period. The world should accept this and move on.

5. Originally posted by Deewtaei
    I don't care who does what with handhelds, Nintendo will always dominate the handheld market, period. The world should accept this and move on.
    I think we need an anti-trust investigation. They must be doing something illegal.

6. Regarding the D-pad shenannigans afoot: As what seems the only WSC owner here, I can tell you the thing rules! For fighters, like Guilty Gear (that's right. Guilty Gear.) there is a wonderful little thing called a 'Wonder Coin'. It's a circular snap-on D-pad. You pop it onto the pad, and you can do all the rolls you like...
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Phoenix: Sounds nifty (though having additional pieces is kind of a pain)! Question: Does that come with the system?

8. I have a BURNING desire to buy this and I'm not sure why....